1) the girl goes down into the basement alone. In her flimsy nightie. Calling out, "Hello? Anyone down there?"
2) the car breaks down in the dark countryside and the boyfriend sees a light far off and tells the girl to stay in the car all by herself while he goes for help.
3) some kid in a mask starts coming after other kids. With a chainsaw.
4) a nice normal family moves into a dilapidated house with 500 rooms that still have strange looking pictures and other people's things everywhere.
the new girl in town wakes up to find a vampire boy staring obsessively at her while she sleeps. And he glitters.
6) when, for fun, the slumber party girls take out an ouija board. And the camera changes to Someone Else's POV.
7) when a doll so demonic-looking no child would own starts talking. And he sounds like a late-night talk host on drugs. And he can kill even though he's just 14 inches high.
8) when the archaeologist has been warned that whatever he's digging up is holy/sacred/cursed. And then eyes gleamed out of the mask/mummified body. Or the thing moved. And there's always a landslide at the end.
9) when a group of travelers--usually young and adventurous--go to visit the Forbidden Place--usually a cemetery or an abandoned town--and then rotting things with bloodied limbs and faroff gazes start hobbling after them. And the camera starts going all shaky.
10) the creepy caretaker--nurse/butler/maid--becomes more and more sinister till she turns stark crazy and cut off the guy's foot to make sure he can't get out of bed.
Any other creepy movie tropes you'd like to add?
Happy Halloweenie ;-D.
NO NEED TO CLICK TILL I TELL YA: RESERVED FOR NOT SAFE FOR WORK STUFF