ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Friday, July 20, 2007

My Baby Left Home Today

This is going to be an entirely personal, non-professional, selfish post. I'm doing it because I want to share my memories of my great friend and furbaby, Brando. I'm doing it because it's part of my grieving process. So excuse me if this makes you uncomfortable. Come back tomorrow ;-).

My dog, Marlon Brando, the sexiest dog on earth, died this morning. He was the best dog a roofer girl could ever have, always gentle because mom was always tired, seldom complaining because mom was never home, and fiercely independent because that was how mom was.

Brando came to me when I had $100 to my name, maybe less. At that time, I jokingly told him that I was fattening him up for my last meal since I was hungry all the time. He charmed me by pooping all over the apartment.

Brando took a ride with me when I could afford my first car. He enjoyed a quiet moment with me in my first house. He wasn't amused when I bought him a concubine (Magic) who was three times his size and he couldn't properly reach her where it mattered. He and his wife gave me four crazy mutant kids and my new family moved into a new house.

Brando loved the new backyard, with all that running space. He found much joy chasing after his girls when he was in the mood, or just lying under the shade of the bell tree and watch their antics. He was with me when I started writing, was the first one who heard my love scenes read aloud, and laughed with me because they sounded so stupid to a dog.

He was not an Alpha dog. He peed like a girl while his girls, including his wife, lifted their legs like a guy. He was often bullied and harried by that wife of his, and had to scarf down his treats and food really quickly or had everything stolen. He didn't mind because he always knew mom had more for him, and that even though she mocked him, she always gave him whatever he wanted.

Which was not a lot, really. Because he was, deep down, an independent old soul just like his mom. He would do as he pleased. Please mom get Magic off my bed. Please mom Magic stole my treats. Please mom I'm the oldest don't let the girls chew my toys. Please mom could you get Magic away from my bed, the woman just wouldn't let me alone.

When his wife, Magic, left us last year, Brando did something that made me cry. As I've told you, he was much bullied, especially by his wife, and had to really scarf down his food and treats before Magic got to it. That night, while I was cleaning the room and putting away Magic's things, there were all of Brando's treats I gave him that day. Brando had laid them out in neat little piles. It was, I thought, so sweet and so evil of him. He was, after all, his mom's furbabee; he had a wry sense of humor.

Brando turned eighteen this year. I had eighteen long years with the guy. He'd known me all my grown up years, celebrating with me as we built our lives together.

How do you say goodbye to a good friend? Brando chose not to. This morning, after a sleepless night and with me telling him he could lie down, I took him to the vet for fluids. Brando waited till I said "I love you," as I always do, every day, to my furbabees before I go to work. Waited till he heard me walk out of the room. Waited till I was in my truck. And then, he died naturally. Quickly and without nary a fuss.

Independent little dog, as always.

My boy left home at eighteen. I hope Magic Girl isn't bullying him too much where they're at now. I'm not there to make sure he gets his treats first. Not yet, anyway.

Yo, Magic! Give him a big kiss before you smack him around, 'kay? Cut him some slack. He might have been the gentlest soul around, but he was the only man who dared take on a mutant pom like you.

Mom and the rest of the babies miss you, my BranBran.

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

29 comments:

Leilani said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww. {{{{{{{{{{Jenn}}}}}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

Gennita, I'm so sorry. It sounds as though you were lucky to have each other. Take care.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry Jenna, That was a very long time to have him in your life! They really are members of the family aren't they? (((hugs))) Hon, I wish there was something I could do. :-(

Jordan Summers said...

Sniffle. (((Hugs Gennita))) I'm so sorry for your loss. It's extra sad because he was in your life for so long. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm all sniffly now. Brando sounds like he was a fabulous furry dude and I'm sorry he's gone but I'm so glad you have so many wonderful memories to share.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Jen. What a wonderful tribute. You made me cry. He and Magic will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for you. ((((HUGS))))

Beaty

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know nothing I can say will make you feel better. But you gave him a wonderful tribute and you will always feel the pawprints he left on your heart.

God Bless you.
Diane

Mo said...

God, Jenn, I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I feel such sympathy for you. You have lost your 18 year old child. I am just glad you still have your grandbabies.

Casee said...

Now I'm all sniffly, too. I am so sorry, Jenn. Losing an animal is just like losing a member of the family. {{{hugs}}}

Unknown said...

Sorry for your loss.

vanessa jaye said...

Awww, Gennita, what a beautiful post. So sorry your baby had to go away. (((hugs)))

Dee said...

What a wonderful pom! Brando was as unique as you, Jenn. Let yourself be sad and let his babees give you pom-hugs.

Dee

Anonymous said...

Jenn, I'm sorry for your loss. We know it's going to happen sometime but when it does, it still hurts like hell. May you savor every memory of him though, and let your other furbabies help you through your grieving.

Anonymous said...

BIG e-hug!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. The following was sent to me when I lost my Siberian Husky Rusty.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the bridge, there is a land full of
meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who were maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loves them on this earth. So each day they run and play, until one day comes when one suddenly looks up. The nose twitches, the ears are up, the eyes are staring and this one suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen. And when you and your special one meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again. And you look once again into the loving eyes of your pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be parted.

Anonymous said...

{{{Jenn}}} So sorry to hear about BranBran. Big hugs to you. What a wonderful tribute you wrote. I'm sure you were typing thru your tears as I am now.

God knows when my mutant pommapoo goes I'll be a basket case. He's the love of my life.

Fanciful Fern said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounded like a terrific friend. That was a wonderful tribute to share with us. Thanks for letting us getting to know him too.

Sarah said...

Hey there chick, I am so, so sorry to hear about your loss, know I am thinking of you as I know this is just so hard. Your memories you shared are just beautiful and so very specail. Hugs and kisses from me.

Susan Bischoff said...

Ever since I found your blog, I've been coming by almost daily and you've made me smile. Today I was moved. I can't tell you how sorry I am. What a special relationship.

Kathleen Dante said...

{{{{{Jenn}}}}} sniffles

I'm glad you had each other for so long.

Peggy said...

I am so sorry for you loss...what a remarkable little guy.

Anonymous said...

Sending you a Gentle Hug during this sad time!

SK,
Mich "-)

Gennita said...

Thank you, friends, for the kind words and comfort. I miss my buddy but am doing okay.

Chez said...

Honey I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Your post was beautiful and a wonderful memorial to an obviously adorable companion.

Liddy Midnight said...

Thank you for sharing your love for Brandon, and his for you. His advanced age is a tribute to your loving care of him.

May your memories bring you peace. And be sure to make more, because there are so many petbabies out there that need love, and we have infinite room in our hearts.

Hugs,
Liddy

Pamela Clare said...

I'm so sorry, Jenna! I know how much you cherish your fur babies, and Brando was with you for a long, long time. It hurts like hell to lose an fur buddy, one who has loved you and who loves you back unconditionally.

(((((((HUGS)))))))))

Pamela

Leiha said...

Jenna, what a beautiful tribute. You made me fall in love with Brando. He sounds like he was a very special dog and he knew that he had a very special place in your heart. Your love for him shines through. I am so sorry sweetie.

Gennita said...

My friends,
Your love brings tears to my eyes. Thank you. Hug your furbabees for me.

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge