ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Things Smaller & Yet Bigger Than Me

Today, I worked on a roof in a housing area that's next to designated wildlife sanctuary (meaning, you can't build on parts of the woods). Near evening, I sighted a group of six wild turkeys walking by with barely a glance in my direction, even though I was making quite a bit of noise with my nailgun.

Then, as I was packing up to leave, I caught sight of two deer about 15 feet away, just wandering in the neighbor's yard. You know how one suddenly just freeze up with delight at the sight of fragile wild creatures? So, there I was, standing three feet from my truck, holding on to a heavy compressor, trying hard to stay still and not put the darn thing down because I didn't want to startle the deer.

I was about to topple over with the effort when the homeowner came out of the house. To my surprise the deer didn't run off; they just sort of circle back to the edge of the woods and I could see them peering from the shadows. The homeowner was an older lady and she smiled at me as she started her evening walk.

"They are pretty, aren't they?" she asked.

"Yes, and not frightened of humans at all," I said, as I heaved my compressor over the side of the truck. "I thought they would scamper off at the sight of me."

"They're shy, but they know they're safe here. Their mother was killed by a car when they were babies and somehow they managed to wander back here in between me and my neighbor. We were very worried about them because there was no mommy to take care of them."

Awww. So sad. I looked at the shadows, imagining two frightened Bambis that terrible night when they lost their mother.

"They appear in good health," I remarked. "And they're big now."

"Oh yes, they're much bigger. Earlier this year, they were tiny and you could see them curled up next to each other in the evening. One would sleep, its head resting against its sibling's, while the other kept watch. They took turns like that all night. The other neighbor asked around how to feed them and they ate from the feeder, thank goodness. They're fine now, but we still worry at night."

And now I worry at night too.



Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

3 comments:

kim said...

That was an adorable story thanks :)

alund said...

Jenn, your post made me smile. Mother Nature usually finds a way. Nice to know some humans still help her out.

Gennita said...

Kim and Alund,

I saw them again this evening. They are* adorable, still youthful-gangly and so very, very careful as they ate together. I have to bring a pair of binoculars next time.

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge