ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Friday, January 23, 2009

How Do You Do It?

How do those of you with daily long commute do it? Gimme your secret. Because four hours plua a day spent on the road is surely sucking all the lively brain cells away. By the end of the day, it's just the couch, the TV, the furbabies, the couch, the food, the couch, the attempt to write, which is pitiful, and finally, bedtime.

I know many of you do it, riding subways or driving through snarling DC-like traffic, to get to work. I just want to know--how do you do it and keep your mental sanity? ;-P It doesn't matter if I nap all the way to my destination, I still feel like I'm running on empty by the end of the day and trying to create words and form ideas into stories is a constant challenge. I know I have to work through this and probably, like when I was younger, my body will adjust, but right now, friends, the body hates me ;-).

One more complaint. Ever since joining Facebook, I'm getting spammed like whoa. I was wondering whether you Facebook members have the same problem. If this is so, I'm going to have to create a fake email address for that particular site to fight against email harvesters. That's the bad thing about these huge popular sites; there be scum trolls.

As you can tell, I'm in that bitchin' state of mind. So TGIF, eh? Except that it's going to be in the lower 20s again...argh...hate dawn....Did you know that I actually had to de-ice my windshield this morning? Whaddup with that? This is Florida. No one owns a windshield scraper!

This thread is now open to your rant. What in the world is bothering you, my friends? Bitch away. You have my permission.

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spend a couple of hours on the road every day going to/from work but I've been doing it for over 10 years. You just get used to it. I did change my hours several years ago from 7-4 so it makes it a little bit easier.

You don't have enough space on this blog to listen to me bitch and rant so I'll skip that one.

Mo said...

No, I don't really get extra spam from Facebook, not much spam in general really. I don't have a long commute, so I can't help you with that. :( Sorry! Stay warm!

j3nny said...

i always thought my commute was long but spending hours??? thats realllly long! i cant complain now. i too dont get extra spam from facebook. i cant believe its unusually cold in Florida. Florida should be all sun shines!

Fanciful Fern said...

I work at the airport - I spend a good hour and half on the road getting to work and that doesn't even include the time I spend waiting for the bus! I wish I could say I've got used to it but the fact of the matter is, I'm just plain exhausted by the time I get home. It's worse if I have to leave the office after 9pm because I'll only be able to get to bed after midnight. That said, an iPod full of good music helps.

Kathleen Dante said...

I gave up the long 2-hour (one-way) commutes when I gave up the day job. But before that, I stayed at condo an hour closer to work during the work week and went home during the weekends, just to cut down the commute. Did that for about a year before cutting the strings and leaping into the unknown. Come to think of it, that year was when I started writing.

DBD said...

I don't receive any spam from facebook.

As for the commute, well I work in Boston and live in New Hampshire, so it's about a 45 miles away. It can take and hour and fifteen minutes to two and a half hours depending on the traffic. That's one way. The only way I have survived the last three years is my audiobooks. When I discovered you can get free audiobook downloads from my library I was in HEAVEN!!!!. I've discovered books, I would probably skip in the bookstore and I get my literary fix. It makes the hours seem like minutes sometimes and that is the only reason I have not experienced road rage. If I didn't have this, I really don't know what I would do other than fall into a deep, dark depression. I mean, it's not as if I head toward Colin Farrell or Gerard Butler everyday which would make it all worth it.

Deb

Gennita said...

Sadista,
Rant away. My blog can take it!

Mo,
Well, something sure set off some troll-spammer and I'm not happy about it. So I'm going to test Facebook for a bit.

Here's another strange thing happening. Some site named Fanbox keeps telling me I have new people friending me but I have never been on that site! I'm getting so confused.

************

JennyK,

Oh, it does get cold in Florida, all the way down to Central F. We have sub-tropical weather which means we do have "winter," weather that goes down to the 20s. But that's like one night, not one WEEK! Also, I've never been up and outside during that kind of weather, so my misery is tripled.

Gennita said...

Fanciful Fern,

Ouch. OUCH! I don't envy your job at all. That's very, very hard for the mind and body. I know how horrible traffic in KL is too. It's just too much for me.

Kathleen,

Well, I've been spoiled too. I've been working for myself for 20 years so as boss, I dictated my hours (such as starting late if the weather is 25 degrees!), but now, I'm just one of the worker ants and life isn't quite so cushy ;-). THE UP THING, though, is I'm not screaming at losing money on the job, or loss of materials, or things not going right at the site. Why? Because I'm not the boss, that's why, ha.

Gennita said...

Deb,
I wish I can do that too, or bring my laptop along, but I'm commuting with a bunch of men that I don't trust. The first day, one of them rummaged through my purse and stole $20 already, so yeah, any electronic device isn't going to be around for long!

MaryC said...

On long commutes, I use a Coby MP305-4G player. It's compact(0.8 x 3.6 x 1.1 inches), uses a AAA battery and costs about $30 on Amazon. Good for music and audio books - battery life is around 8 hours. I've had mine for over a year and haven't had any problems with it. All I have to remember is to keep an extra battery with me.

I never got use to long commutes - it's so tiring just sitting there.

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge