ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Professionals Wrote The IRS Manuals

I enjoyed the following joke precisely because it is exactly HOW logical IRS forms are:

The following short quiz consists of 4 questions and will tell you whether you are qualified to be a professional. The questions are NOT that difficult.

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.

(IRS Instructions: See the box in the middle of nowhere? Put this amount in this box, of course)

(Me: Putting that number in the box in the middle of nowhere)

(IRS Next Instruction: Now, put this number on another form and attach it with this other form. Why? Because this form will support that form)

(Me: Oh.)


2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Did you say, Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant, and close the refrigerator?
Wrong Answer.

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door. This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your previous actions.

(IRS LOGIC: You may ignore Page A. Go to page B. Put all the other numbers there)

(Me: What other numbers?)

(IRS red flag: The ones from the previous page)

(Me: But you told me to ignore Page A!)

(IRS: Silence)


3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend.... except one. Which animal does not attend?

Correct Answer: The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there. This tests your memory.

(IRS: You can use these deductions, but only if it's 2 percent of net, no, gross, no, net, no, gross income)

(Me: But last year you said I can you these Other Deductions)

(IRS logic: We don't remember last year's rules)


Okay, even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly, you still have one more chance to show your true abilities.

4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

Correct Answer: You jump into the river and swim across. Have you not been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting. This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.

(IRS: Sorry, you're out of money again. We have a partyMEETING to go to now because you actually worked! Better luck next year)


Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

5 comments:

Jane said...

This is why I always pay an accountant to do my taxes.

LadyZannah said...

The IRS is not the only one to speak that strange language. Have you ever read a job posting on USA jobs? Try and understand the requirements and duties on one of them suckers.
How do you fit 5 elephants into a VW bettle? 2 in the fron seat and 3 in the back. How do you fit a giraffe into same VW beetle? Put it in the trunk. Those are jokes my dad makes year after year. I'll send him your questions so he can have new material.

Anonymous said...

Lol when my friends sent me the questions before, I failed every single one. They really are simple. My 4-year-old niece got them and I didn't.

But I love your IRS instructions. I wouldn't know how your forms work, but ours are pretty straightforward.

vince said...

Love it! Good thing I wasn't trying to drink when reading that.

vanessa jaye said...

I think you need to send bad puppie over to deal with those IRS peeps.

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge