ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Grossious Mocious, EVIL VAMPIRES, BATMAN!

Here is one reason why reading a horror-romance about vampires is never going to translate well into comic-book art. I'm sorry, Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake in COMIC BOOK form doesn't intrigue me the way the first ten books of Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter did. In fact, the following pictures made me whimper. A LOT.

This is Anita Blake:




If you've never read these books, Anita, in the first ten, anyway, is a kick-ass licensed vampire hunter.

Here is the Were Rat King after transformation:



Of course, when you're reading it, you don't actually quite SEE HOW RIDICULOUS a giant were-rat really looks in cut-off jeans. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

This is Nikaloos, the first BIG BAD of the series. She's a child-vampire, very, very powerful:



The comic art doesn't even convey the menace of this very old vampire in a child's body, the way LKH described with words. Again, I'm sorry, scripting "HAHAHAHA" as part of the dialogue just loses some evil impact ;-).

This is Winter, who, to be honest, is described by LKH as a character who lifts weights all the time. So, umm, that explains the gigantor arms that are bigger than his peanut head. Sigh.



Lastly. OMG. Lastly, here is Jean Claude, the eventual lover to Anita Blake:



OMG.

That's either Prince pretending to be Little Richard or vice-versa.

OMG.

:whimper:

And I was such a Jean Claude Girrrrl too.

:whimper:

Comic Art is great, don't get me wrong--I love comic books, especially the old Superheroes. However, it doesn't sing to my soul the way a book does ;-). And no, I don't want to imagine the sex scenes between Anita and were-Richard. Arrghhhhhh. :bleaching brain:

And my Jean Claude...sob** What have they done to you?

:slits wrists and dies:

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, no..please let my mental images stay in my head and not these comic book images.
I have just started reading these books, and I am doing it all out of order. But I am loving Micah's character, please do not post any pics of him from that comic. I have such a nice mental image that I do not want crushed, thank you.
There is defintely something lost in the comic dialogue vs. the book.
-vanityball

Gennita said...

Hi Vanity Ball,

Yeah, I don't think you'd like the comic book version at all. Not sensual where sensual is a must and not scary where scary should be.

Anonymous said...

This is just so sad! I have read just about all the books and the characters are so much better in my head then they are as a comic. I prefer the books and wouldn't read the comics. Hopefully they don't try to turn the Merry Gentry series into comics as well.

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!
Anita looks like a psychopath, Nikolaos looks like a cartoon Brittney Spears, Raul looks like a dork, (Winter? not going there LOL)
and Jean Claude?! Be still my heart because THAT IS JUST WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a nice sexy inner image-thing going on, and that is going to be difficult to overcome!

Please God don't let them get their hands on Micah, Asher, or my poor Nathaniel!

Can I join you? We could have a wrist-slitting party... *snort*

Gennita said...

Anonymous,

Oh dear, the Merry Gentry series in comic form? Nonononononono...all that multi-colored hair to draw!

Aimee,

I think you're safe from Micah for a while since they are still doing Book One. But hey, LKH sells like hot cakes, so before you know it, there will be Asher and Micah and...and...

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge