ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Uber Eloquence

I read on the Book Standard that 100 NBC stations will be broadcasting the Quill Awards on Nov. 28. I wonder whether Nora Roberts and Janet Evanovich attended (they won). I'd like to see them on TV. I've never seen a book award show on the air before, have you? Will we be able to snark about the fashion, like we get to do for the Oscars? Will there be a red carpet walkaround? ;-)

I've only won one major book award, Romantic Times Book Club's Best Intrique in 2003 for Into Danger. It was a luncheon award ceremony, so we weren't very dressy, and everyone was sort of herded into a line to go up on stage to pick up their plaque. The thought of going up on stage to make a thank you speech terrified me and the more articulate the winners before me were, the more nervous I became.

When I finally walked up the steps and stood in front of the mic., I thought I was going to plop over and fall on my face. I'd totally forgotten my written speech thanking everybody in the whole wide universe. Instead, I heard myself mumbling, "When I asked Rodney, my male model friend here, how he overcomes being self-conscious while being on stage, he told me that he would imagine the audience naked, and everything's okay. Well...umm...you're all naked right now." (Audience snickering) "I want to thank my mom and dad, as well as my agent, but I can't do it with a straight face because you're all naked!"

I could see Rodney and my friends slapping their faces as they howled at the back of the room. Sigh. So much for being dignified and humbly grateful. Thankfully, my agent had an appointment she couldn't miss so she didn't see this awful performance. My ever so diplomatic Steve reported, when she asked how it went, that I was short and sweet. I don't think he was talking about my speech. LOL.

I envy those who always make such smooth and wonderful thank you speeches.

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

1 comment:

Toni Lea Andrews said...

I suppose that on average, writers might be a tad less comfortable with public speaking than, for example, actors or musicians.

But, based on the many times I have watched Oscars, Grammies, MTV awards, etc., having chosen a life in the spotlight does NOT guarantee a credible performance behind the podium. We've all seen those really embarrassing acceptance speeches that go on and on and on and on and on and on....

We writers can at least WRITE a good acceptance speech. I guess we'll have to watch the Quill awards to see if we can deliver them.

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge