ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Uber Author Stops Croaking



So when uber-author is desperate, uber-author goes to Uber Subservient Chicken for help.

Type the words, then,

Watch him PRAY for me
Watch him PLEAD
Then watch him DIE

It helped my mood. A little. ;-)

*******

When I become stuck writing-wise, after numerous head-banging sessions on the keyboard, I sometimes play the game of "Hit me with Aesop." I don't exactly remember why I gave this exercise such a silly name but I have found that reading Aesop's tales sometimes clear issues in my head about what I'm writing. This is part of my "sub-conscious writing" program, bwah!

Back then, what I usually did was open my favorite Aesop's Tales books and then just read one fable. Nowdays, I can just google. Since I'm stuck on the stupid frog picture, I decided to google FROG fable. I had no idea whether Aesop ever told a fable about a frog...and yeah, he did! Here is what I found:

"The frogs had petitioned Zeus to send them down a king. Zeus tossed a log into their pond to serve them as their ruler. At first the frogs feared the log -- it looked so big and rolled about.

Then they began despising it because it lay so still. Indeed, they grew irreverent and squatted down on it. So they decided to ask Zeus for an active king. This time Zeus threw them an eel. The frogs found the eel active enough -- and also a goodnatured, easygoing fellow -- but of no use as a ruler.

So a third time they petitioned Zeus: "We want a real king, a king who will really rule us." Zeus had become impatient with their croaking and complaints. So he dispatched a stork. The stork was neither inactive nor good-natured. Every day he swallowed up another frog or two. Before long no frogs remained to croak."

Yikes.

Discuss among yourselves ;-). Methinks uber-author just hit a bullseye. Ouch. Now I remember why I called this exercise "Hit Me With Aesop." Ow, ow, ow.

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

1 comment:

Gennita said...

Lina!

Glad you enjoyed my Uber Subservient Chicken. I love him so much I'm going to have to put him as a link from this blog AS SOON as I find time!

Isn't he the cutest thang? Make him tango...he loves to dance! Electric Slide too....

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge