ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Spies Always Have a Mission

SEVEN DAYS to THE HUNTER out in stores!

It's the Summer Solstice today and a full moon too, so the woowoo meter is supposed to be wayyyy up there. I'm told there's an old Celtic tradition in which one writes down one's thoughts for the year ahead on the longest day of the year and the universe will listen.

Even if that's not true, it's still a cool way to see exactly what is on your mind. There's nothing more revealing than the written word. One can articulate better on paper and the goals are usually meaningful to the writer.

I think long term goals make us human. Animals don't dream about what they could have in a year or two. They don't make plans about the next hole they're going to dig or what they will do when they grow up to be adult-bears. Some people might call it dreaming but I don't see anything wrong with starting with a dream! The Taj Mahal started with a man's vision. Now that's a statement of love there. ;-)

Step back today and evaluate your short term writing goals for the next twelve months. Even uber-spies can do that for survival. Short term is feasible, yes? Long term can make things a bit overwhelming, especially if you start out with lofty goals.

I believe in small but significant milestones. When I was really, really poor--almost penniless--my promise to myself was a night out at a restaurant within six months. It wasn't anything profound, but boy, did I look forward to it! I was so tired of Ramen noodles or rice with beans, ugh. I still remember that first heavenly mouthful of spaghetti at that nice trattoria by the sea.

When I had a little in the bank, my first "lofty" goal was a nice car by the time I was thirty. I was getting tired of these old AMCs that kept breaking down and I had no idea what was wrong with them, LOL. Not that I'd know what's wrong with my nice car if it broke down either but it doesn't do it every month!

Write your goals and work towards it. You'll appreciate all the little milestones you make. That's a promise.




Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

2 comments:

Mary Stella said...

Right now, my only writing goal is to FINALLY get something on the page for book three!!! ARGH! Roofer author woman, I know that thousands of writers also work full time AND have author careers. I feel so inadequate. LOL The day job is kicking my butt, I'm so busy right now!

Gennita said...

Oh, I know the feeling, Mary Stella! It's never easy to balance between the job and writing, especially if you're a procrastinator like me. Lunch, dinnertime, in between nap times! The most amazing writers, to me, are those who are full-tme stay-at-home mommies who have three kids under 12...YIKES! How do they write? Kudos to them.

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge