ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm Too Rustic For My Shirt

I've been wiped out by the Oscars. Truly. My energy level has not been the same since those four lost hours. It's had some weird effect on other people as well. Going through news, I came across the report that Simon Cowell has announced that he's made plans to have his body frozen after his death. You know, cryogenics.



Wow, what a cool way to spend gobs of money right now.


I'm too tired to really understand the whole concept, but I do get the human fascination with coming back to life, but my question is, if you die at 80, would you really want to be frozen and brought back to life at that* age? What if, in the future, everyone looks like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, and now, you, small, wrinkled, and cranky? Would you be happy staring at Ted Williams' head?

Nononononono. I don't want to come back as Gramma Jenn, all cranky and athritic, and possibly unable to climb on roofs any longer. What fun would that be? ;-P

See, I think that's the difference between men and women. We women want eternal life PLUS all the trappings of youth, hence our paranormal romances always make sure the hero and heroine stay young even when their lifespans are in the hundreds or thousands of years. Our vampire hero may be the oldest soul on earth, but dammit, he better have abs of steel and look preternaturally beautiful. Forever.

We'd need that assurance before we commit our body to the science of cryogenics, you know? Me, I'd also throw in chocolate. Make sure the future has chocolate and hmm.... But men, they just simply say, "Hey! Frozen after death till someone finds a way to bring me back to life! Yeah, let's do it!" (pumps fist). Have they never read Frankenstein? That poor dude was considered a monster and ended badly. Oh, wait, a woman wrote that book ;-).

So, anyway. Simon Cowell, just give me some of that money you're going spend on this cryogenic project. I promise to spend it a bit more wisely.

What about you? Would you like to wake up in the future like that? Or would just prefer to be a vampire? LOL. Hey, it's 1 am and I've to go to work in 4 1/2 hours. The people who own the house I'm on is so wealthy they want the roofers to make their roof broken down and "rustic"-looking (break some of the tiles, lop-sided rows, paint "moss" to make everything old and un-cared-for) so their mansion would look different from the others in the neighborhood. Yes, I'm bitter and "rustic." Bite me.



Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A frozen Cowell would be funny. We can exhibit him in a museum and make nasty comments about him :).

Also, rich people can afford to be poor!

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge