ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Monday, January 05, 2009

Do You Own An Amazon KINDLE?

If you do, how much are you paying for an e-book through Kindle? I'm researching on giving them the rights to sell Big Bad Wolf through Kindle but since I don't own one, have no idea how much a Kindle e-book costs.

Yes, the author does give a SRP (suggested retail price) but in the contract agreement, Amazon states that it may or may not follow the author's suggestion, so that's also why I wanted to hear from the readers themselves.

1) How much do you pay for your Kindle Koolaidbooks? Is it cheaper than the Dead Tree Version?

2) What do you think would be a fair price to download Big Bad Wolf onto your Kindle? Kindle is taking 65 percent of the pie, by the way, which means, if I suggest selling BBW for $1, I get 35 cents, out of which I have to pay Mr. IRS their cut of 20 percent for income taxes. I know, everyone just wants a piece of my little itsy-bitty pie ;-).

So...let me hear your thoughts, my project partners.

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

8 comments:

Maria said...

Full length new books (I'm talking Stephen King, etc.) cost about $10.00 on the Kindle (or more). Nora's books are always $6.50 for ST size - she must have some kind of arrangement with them. Other books, typical ST types are around $4-5.00. Series books, like Harlequin Presents run about $3.50.

Lisa W. said...

I think I paid around 5.00 for the last eBook I bought and I didn't download on a Kindel. I loaded it on my PC. Not sure if this helps? I hate that they take so much of your money for your hard work! Jeezz...

Gennita said...

Maria,

Do you think most readers will actually buy the book at $10? Wow. But then, that's Stephen King.

Okay, typical ST types are $5 on the Kindle? Okay, that might be attractive to readers who own a Kindle, huh?

****************

Lisa W,

I know! Hee. 75 percent is a bigger take than from a e-publisher! But there were several readers with Kindle who asked me and so here I am, looking into the matter.

I was thinking, $6 to $7, half the price of BBW in trade? That would give me a couple of bucks after taxes. But is that too much too?

Anonymous said...

i dont own a kindle but sometimes i like to buy ebooks from ereader.com; especially if the bookstore doesn't have the actual book. Prices range though, I've paid somewhere from $5-$9.

nightshield2003 said...

Jenn,

I own a Kindle and what Maria posted basically rings true with my buying experience so far. I have your old books on Kindle and each cost about $5. I also have a couple of Lora Leigh's on Kindle, which I'm assuming are trade-sized PBs on print. They're prized at $9.99 so I think it's fair to sell BBW for the same prize. But then again, what do I know about these things. :)

Leah

Evangeline Holland said...

My pal Zoe Winters offers her novella through Amazon's Kindle program thingy, but also used Smashwords.

Casee said...

I haven't paid over $10 for a Kindle eBook. The $10 books are usually trade paperbacks, which cost $14 so on average I save $4 on those. On the regular mass market, I pay $1-$2 less.

HTH

Gennita said...

Thanks for giving me some answers, everyone.

Evangeline, I'll ck out that link, thank you. The more options the better!

Casee and Leah,
that's what I thought--a couple of dollar cheaper than the book would be fair. I'm thinking $8, or around there. Now I have to find out whether there is any hidden costs, like a set up fee or something I haven't noticed in the contract ;-).

If all goes well, BBW will be available on Kindle soon! After that, I'm going to look at other options to make BBW available that is without too much technical work since I don't want to spend hours on that.

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge