ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Monday, December 01, 2008

Winner: Bourne Is Uber Spy Bitch!

Okay, the poll for Bourne vs Bond (Craig) is done and Bourne won 66 percent to Bond's 33 percent. Whoa. I honestly didn't think it would such a landslide ;-). So, are you saying Bond is McCain, heroic, yes, but still old and out of touch? Heh, heh. Kidding, kidding, Bond fans. After all, me lurv Da Tux.

I suppose we like the Unemotional Assassinator more because he was just uber-efficient even without his memory. His storyline (memory loss, yet wow, look at the skillz, inside conspiracy) was fascinating compared to Bond's, which was the usual uber world domination. Bourne also was on the run, which puts the audience on his side, going along with him on the ride. Bond was mostly on the chase, especially in QoS, even though he was one or two steps slower than the bad guys occasionally.

Nonetheless, I was shallow enough to vote for Bond because Bourne is missing the seductiveness of the Bond smile ;-) and the occasional nonchalant humor as he tosses his lines.

Strange woman in speeding car: "Get in."
Bond: "All right."

Strange woman: "There's a car behind us."
Bond: "Probably not to give you a speeding ticket."

Bourne would just go all Terminator and won't take the time for a bit of romancing. Tsk. Takes the fun out of spying, if you ask me.

I love me my Bourne, don't get me wrong. After all, techno-thrillers is my thing, what with all that mind-control/sleeper stuff going on. Huh. Where did I read that before...***grin*** I haven't read the later Ludlum books that were ghost-written, by the way--are they any good? Do they read different to you?

On an aside note: I wonder whether His Jedness is more Bourne or Bond?



Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jed is a good combo of both--sexy like Bond and cold like Bourne! Jed is a bon-bon! :D

Anonymous said...

I've never read the Ludlum books. Are they any good? Did the movies follow the books faithfully?

Anonymous said...

The first three Bourne books (I'm reading Ultimatum right now) are good. Wordy, but good stories.

The movies match the books in that:

A doctor finds a man who has amnesia but appears to have some sort of special ops training. Doctor helps the man heal.

Man meets a woman named Marie.

There's something called Treadstone 71 and a bank in Zurich involved.

And that's about it. Completely different storylines.

I'm also curious if the later Bourne books are good. I'm planning to stop after Ultimatum unless someone can really sell me on them, though.

Gennita said...

Yeah, the Bourne books are different. Hopefully someone who read the ghost-written Bournes will post and let us know whether they read the same.

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge