ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Moar Funky Words, or, TeH Future, Iz Hopeles


This is my annual collection of funky words, phrases and netcronyms that I've come across while netsurfing this year. Please share if you have any new jargon.

1) Intertubes; Intrawebs
More and more I see these words being used instead of our very old-fashioned Internet. I'm one of the guilty ones.

2) GMAFB
Short for Gimme a frigging break.

3) OhNoSecond
That flash of a instance when you realized that you've made a mistake, like hitting SEND to an email meant for someone else.

4) NCMO
Non-commital Make-out. I'm serious, that's what it stands for.

5) Bromance
Snark among fans who ship hetero-heros as fan-fic. I personally have the best fun snerking at the bromance between House and Wilson.

6) Dead Tree Edition
Paper version. Yup, those green peeps don't call it a book any more. :-/

7) YMMV
This stumped me for a day or two. Your milleage may vary. This is tagged on when you're disagreeing with some poster so as not to incite the poster into thinking you think she's so stupid for disagreeing with you.

8) E-tact
Tact in our electronic world. Like breaking up with your ex- by texting a message means you don't have any, like, e-tact.

9) Mouse potato
You see them everywhere, this generation hooked online, their right hand fixed on that mouse.

10) WAGS
an acronym used particularly (but not exclusively) by the British tabloid press to describe the Wives And Girlfriends of the England national football team. I learned that from the overdose that is Giselle Bundsen.

11) MOW or FTW
Made of win. For the win. Said when you're in total agreement with someone who said something that's just so AwHsome. Or, as an enthusiastic phrase to end a post, for example, "GLow FTW!"

12) 404
Calling someone 404 means he's clueless.

13) Alpha Geek
The most knowledgeable tech in the group. Hey, if you can't be Alpha Male, you could be Alpha Geek.

14) Starter marriages
A short term first marriage that ends with no kids, no property, and no regrets.

15) TeH funny, it burns
It's all these LOLcat talk, I tell you. Anyway, just spell the TeH and make all adjectives into nouns, and you got lulz talk, sigh. Examples: TeH stupid, it runs our country, or, TeH crazy, there's no end.

16) tl;dr
This is my newest favorite. Too long; didn't read. When you find yourself skimming a long post that goes on and on and on, especially a crazy ranter giving teh crazy about why everyone is wrong, wrong, wrong, and then someone shoots you an email and asks "zomg, did you read what she said?! Wasn't that teh stupid?!," you just shoot back smugly, "tl;dr." HAHAHAHAHA. I find that amusing for some reason.

There you go, friends, new corruption of our English for 2008-09 for you to get hipped on. Or hopping mad at.

I'm sure I forgot a bunch but these have been very popular the past six months. Do you have any to add? Any questions? Are we tight?

Okee, then. I'm out. One.


Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

5 comments:

DBD said...

I've never heard or seen more than half of these. Lordy, the Intraweb makes me feel old as the Dead Tree Edition or perhaps I lack the E-tact to comprehend. Please don't think I'm YMMV though.

Is LOL still cool?

Deb

Sarah said...

OMG I am a mouse potato!

These are teh fab.

Lisa W. said...

The one I see the most is ROTFLMAO (rolling over the floor laughing my a$$ off) but I'm like Sarah, I'm a mouse potato! Yeah, I'm 404 too! LOL! (I think it's still cool Deb!)

Anonymous said...

I go away for a few months and when I come back you've acquired a whole new language!!
Hellooooooo Jen!!!
Laurence

Gennita said...

You girls have got to get with the program!

;-)

LAUR, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???! missed you!

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge