ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gennita Goes Wild West

That Comment Widget Update Update:

Blogger is looking into it, according to the Blogger forums. It's affecting many blogs, so there, it's NOT me and my "cowboy style" of coding, as one funny reader tells me ;-).

Speaking of that funny reader, she related an anecdote about Keanu Klaatu that had me choking on my pistachios:

The sad part isn't that his acting is so stiff and robotic. That's bad enough, but it's not acting. o_O I was on a flight with him several years ago. I spent the better part of seven hours watching him flirt with the flight attendants in that stiff inflection-less voice from the opposite side of the aisle. Swear by all that's holy, the man actually laughed in monotone. I still have nightmares about it. I wonder if his voice changes in pitch during sex... Probably not.


SEVEN hours watching Keanu Klaatu flirt in monotone. Man. That's worse than a noisy baby three aisle down.... I feel for you, my funny reader, so much so I won't let myself be insulted by being your source of amusement for my "slap-dash wild west coding approach for your blog." Ha, I say. It works, doesn't it? Eventually....

You know how I started "understanding" the coding? By looking at it like a foreign language. When I was eighteen and my then boyfriend and his nerd brother started yakking away about ancient and dead computer coding stuff (let's see, COBOL, Commodore, even Basic), my eyes would glaze over after about twenty minutes of listening to their secret language. I was forced to try to understand computers and how they worked after our breakup because I didn't know how to do much with the Apple IIe other than typing a paper into it and hit CONTROL P. So sad. The realization that I depended so much on that bast...I mean, boyfriend...disturbed me.

LOL. Okay, TMI territory. Where was I?

Conclusion: Being alone and working among people who wasn't computer savvy forced me to be smarter than I really am. Hahahahaha. But it's true. If not for people shrugging at me and my inability to understand any techie over the phone, I wouldn't have braved the world of secret computer coding on my own, to stare at HTML and say (with a deep breath and a prayer), "Okay, I can do this. Pretend it's French in hieroglyphics, only much much more difficult."

So voila! You see the results.

Hmm. Now that I think about it, I use this wild west approach in everything I do, including learning how to roof without first knowing stuff like...toolbelts, utility knives, or, umm...the different hammers. I was hungry, so I took a deep breath and said, "Okay, I can do this. Pretend it's like writing an essay, only with a lot more sweat than inspiration involved."

And voila! Here be your uber roofer author.

This is my roundabout way of saying that when Amazon.com puts Big Bad Wolf on their site (still waiting), it'll be official. I've also ventured into the Wild West of self-publishing. I've basically done it without much knowledge or talking to anyone. I do have the advantage of understanding enough about how the publishing business works, though, but that's also founded upon my past business experience of being an independent contractor. So yes, I'm a novice and yet, I'm not.

Many people will laugh, like they did when they saw my crazy coding or the sight of me on a roof (that's me, spreading amusement everywhere I go *grin*), but I'm hoping that, like my first tentative steps at understanding the computer and at trying to compete with men swinging and twirling hammers like drum sticks, I'll learn from it and be successful too.

In the end, it's just that part of me that refuses to let myself lie down because of excuses like

a) (computers are) too complicated
b) (roofing) is too hard
c) (computers, roofing, POD self-publishing) is too untraditional

because if I've done that, I wouldn't be where I am now. To me, it's always fun to know that I can do it, have done it, and even though my ways might be a bit "wild west," I'm still able to achieve what I set out to do, i.e., be able to talk computers and do something with them, be able to take care of myself with my brain or my muscles, and lastly, in this venture, be able to give my readers those stories that they want but my publisher has rejected.

CAN I SAY DIAMOND AND T's STORY? They've been rejected enough, dammit! :-)

Okay, I must be high on Christmas candy. Forgive me. Listen to Bing Crosby's White Christmas instead. There is no other voice on earth perfect for Christmas songs than Bing's.





I'm sure you're all busy with family and I appreciate your dropping by at this crazy woman's blog to read in between festive fun. Merry Christmas to you and yours and may you get everything you wish for, even if you've been a bad girl or boy all year ;-).

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

4 comments:

LadyZannah said...

I absolutely hate last-minute-shoppers traffic. All I want is my weekly dose of B&N. At least I get two days off so I can binge on Godiva truffles and cheat on jenn some more.
Merry Christmas Heath and Cumber babies, stay out of too much trouble; and Cumber...no high explosives after drinking baby. Remeber your last trip to the ER.
Happy Holidays to all you sexy Veges

Anonymous said...

good for you chica :)

Anonymous said...

So, here I am, doing my daily blog hopping... Jumping around reading what everyone's up to in the last minute rush before the holiday officially hits... And lo, what to my wondering eyes should appear? A quote by myself pulled by eight tiny virtual reindeer! LMAO!!! That's got to be the last thing I expected to see today on the 'net. I now know what I want emblazoned on my tombstone. "I made Gennita choke on her pistachios. Rest in pieces."

And hey... As long as it works (eventually), you rock that desperado cowboy codeslinging girl! Happy holidays to you and yours, the mutant poms, and everyone in your neck of the woods.

vince said...

I look forward to ordering "Big Bad Wolf" on Amazon.

Have a great Christmas!

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge