ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Different Kinds of Candy

I hope you guys had a great Halloween! Jiggle Low and I sure did ;-). Taking along my box of Halloween party stuff, I took him over to a neighbor's house and we parked ourselves in the porch and had a grand time being kids.

My neighbor had her doggies dressed up too and her SO set up the table with our goodies and toys. One of the gadgets I brought over was my crawling hand, that would move across a surface when a button was pushed. Then there was Jiggle Low with his funny glowing skeleton suit. The kids loved that, esp. when I shone the ghost light on him and he kind of looked pinkish.

Anyway, the best part was the kids, of course. This was their time and I enjoyed watching them as they went from house to house with their bags and pillowcases. It's funny how different their reactions were, too.

Some of the kiddies screamed when they saw the crawling hands. Then there was one who cracked me up. He was just so "Operation Candy" about it. When the hand bothered his feet, he calmly stepped on it to hold it down and took his time adding stuff from the candy bowl into his bag! Now, that had me laughing. A kid with total focus, that one! Then there was the kid that started throwing candy at Jiggy and of course, he was in heaven, since I never gave him candy before.

The adults had their own magic potion to share and we were all in a cheerful mood when we started talking about books (my friend's SO love to read). I told them how my shelves were toppling over from the overload and it just so happened that one of their friends was trying to get rid of a bookcase.

So it was Halloween night, the kids were filled with candy, and the adults had their potion fun, and now I had a new bookcase. My neighbors came over to help me put it together and the whole evening ended up with us playing with books. As you know, when booklovers get together, it's just not about the bookcase for too long! I got my friend interested enough that he took a few romantic suspenses home to try out: the ever sure-bet JD Robb, a couple of Suzanne Brockmanns, Cindy Gerard, and he wanted to try a historical because I told him they were more than just "bodices" and "pirates," so I gave him Joanna Bourne's "The Spymaster's Lady."

Loaded down, he went home smiling. Books are like candy for some of us, you know!

If a curious male friend asks you to recommend a historical romance that is not too "gooey," what would you pick from your own Keeper Shelf?

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Colleen Gleason's Gardella series?

Anonymous said...

Ann Stuart has some good historicals. Also, the Deadly series by Brenda Joyce.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. Hmm, how about a Kinsale? Or is that too uberangsty for a male?

Sarah said...

I gave my dh Susan Johnson once... just the once. :)

Gennita said...

Man, isn't that too hot for ANY MAN to handle? ;-) Susan Johnson heros are hard for any dude to compete with! LMAO. What did he say, btw?

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge