ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Wet Fireworks

Happy Independence Day!

It's raining frogs here in Florida, so I doubt there will be much fireworks tonight. Not much outside barbeque-ing either. It started raining non-stop since yesterday afternoon. Quite nicely mirroring my mood, I thought ;-/. Wet fireworks, anyone?

I realize I have other international visitors to this blog, from New Zealand, France, Malaysia, Australia...so to them, July 4 is basically just another day. Well, maybe not to my British and French friends ;-). I have a question though--how do your countrymen celebrate your independence days? Do they have backyard barbeques like we do? I don't remember doing anything special (except go to the big National Day parade at Merdeka Stadium to wave colored pom-poms) with my family.

Also, have you ever seen a picture of a handsome nekkid man wrapped/posing in your country's flag? There are plenty of American examples, but I've never seen other flags. I find this cultural phenomena, although sexy to look at, very strange. LOL. I get the hat, t-shirts, and shorts, but these are shots of male models strategically draping the flag over their hoohoos. Nice bods, but...

**********

Thank you so much for the outpouring of support and cyberhugs coming from you here and through email. Wow!

I know, in the scheme of things, this is just a bleep on the disaster-radar, and I'm usually the kind of person who just roll with the punches. If it hurts, quietly let it heal, and work to get rid of the bruises, that sort of thing. Simply put, the last six months, personal-wise, hadn't been great and this piece of news was like the last straw that made the bottom of my little lifeboat fall out. But all your caring words here and in emails really helped. Thank you again.

:::sniff::: I izzz emozional!

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

7 comments:

Monique said...

Jenn,

I've seen it done with the Canadian flag too. Yuuummmm.... and hey, about the release date, we'll all be here, patiently waiting for Jed. And like I said in the Yahoo Group, this gives me the chance to actually read all the other books and do some more psychoanalysis on Jed. Bet that'll piss him off a lot. LOL - he doesn't strike me as the type who wants a woman getting into his head like that. {evil grin}

Sarah said...

Awww, sweetie! You know we'll all wait. Patiently or not so...;o), but he is such good character how could you do anything but? Just think of all the stuff you can do in the mean time to become TEAJ - the evil author Jenn and all the stuff you can make us dribble with. It will be groovy!

Here in NZ we have Waitangi Day. It is when the treaty was signed and is what I guess you'd consider our national day. It usually means a day off and bbq. There is often a lot of protesting around the place with land being a big issue but it is generally peaceful. No parades or fireworks as such! We usually do that sort of thing at New Years when it is summer here a time of sun, surf and jandals!

Leilani said...

Big hugs, Jenn!!! We'll help you get a new boat...maybe one with pictures of naked guys on the oars.

Leilani

Gennita said...

Monique,

You ask the questions and I'll always answer them in Yahoo ;-). There was even a discussion on what fruit Jed might be. So odd...LOL.

Sarah,

I'm just going to have to get better at this teasing...hmm ;-).

Yeah, I think ALL disputes starts with land and ownership thereof.

Leilani,

Wait, just send me the nekkid guys in a boat and I'll join them there! ;-)

Casee said...

More hugs, Jenn! I'm a firm believer that every thing happens for a reason. I can't necessarily see that reason, as I'm sure you can't, but try to stay positive. :)

We were driving home last night and I was telling my husband that it's sad that kids today don't even know what the fireworks represent. We tried to make sure our kids knew, but I'm not sure it clicked.

Fanciful Fern said...

Wow! You've gone for the National Day parade? I've never been for one. In fact, I stopped watching it on TV after I turned 12 or something. Not very patriotic I know. These days, Aug 31 (Malaysia's national day) is a much-appreciated day off for me! I just stay home and veg.

About the pub date? You hang in there... 'kay?

Gennita said...

Casee,
All you have to do is read some of the Founding Fathers' speeches to them when they are older ;-). They are amazing words. And their Big Bold Signatures, esp. John Hancock's, attested to their bravery because by signing their names on that document, many of them lost their home, fortune and even family in the British Isles.

Fanciful Fern,
Ya, when I was in secondary school, we were recruited to be part of the parades. One had to do with pompoms and we had to do certain waves at the proper timing so we can make a pattern ;-). Another was some weird line-dancing thing before it was called line-dancing, LOL.

I was also one of the first participants of the BIG WALK, if that's still on. My secondary school sent in participants. Ah, these memories make me grin. I wonder what people think of Choral Speaking as a contest, since that's what my school also excelled at, LOL.

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge