ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Romance Books Are Better

REMINDER: VIRTUALLY HIS ARC CONTEST
(SEE FEB 15 POST)

*******************

mood today:



My next door neighbor--the one who told me JD Robb's books weren't romances, remember?--finally read FACING FEAR. He loved it. He said that was my best book.

Hooyah!

The guy still doesn't think he's reading romances, though. ;-P But when he talks to me about the characters and the emotional charge he got from Rick's and Nikki's story, he sure sounded like every romance fan I've talked to! Don't me silly. I didn't rub it in. Let the guy live under this illusion and let him read in peace! ;-) Maybe he'll recommend my books to other truckers, right?

I saw the two hour season debut of American Idol last night, featuring the boys. Yawwnnnnzzzzz. Maybe it's my TV, but man, was every one of the contestant was howling and straining, generally sounding like he had too much saliva in his mouth. And what was with the ancient songs they picked? Where's the hipness and the sexiness? No Bo. No Constantine. Not even a Chris Daultry in sight. WHERE IS ACE? In short, the guys sucked this season.



Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was disappointed with Idol, too. I really liked Sundance in his first audition but since then, meh.

Facing Fear IS your best book. I remember when I first read it (it was the 1st book of yours that I read). I have rarely read a book that is that intense and emotional. Maybe it's time for a re-read. I love the darkness and intensity.

Do you read JDR? I just started Innocent In Death last night.

Gennita said...

Casee,
I remember writing Facing Fear and loving it. It was a very intense experience for me too.

You have to start JD Robb from the beginning, Naked In Death, just because you NEED TO MEET ROARKE for the first time. I fell in love with him when he kept the button. You'll know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

The Idol guys are definitely boring this season. But I do kind of like Chris Sligh. At least he makes me laugh with some of his humor and jabs at Simon.

Absolutely love Roarke. He is definitely an uber male as you say.

My favorite book of yours was The Protector. Jazz is so hot and I love Vivi's character.

Have a good day.
-vanityball

Anonymous said...

Jenn,

Facing Fear is also my favorite book.

Salley

Anonymous said...

Jenn,

Yes, I've read the In Deaths from the beginning. Reading Innocent (I finished it last night) make me want to go back and re-read Naked so I could see the first time Eve and Roarke met.

OMGOMGOMGOMG, poor Eve! WAAHHHHHHH! Have you read Innocent yet? I loved it. LOVED IT. One of my favorite In Deaths.

Do you still plan on not going back to the same intensity as Facing Fear? I remember emailing you soon after I read it and you said something along those lines.

Gennita said...

VanityBall,

I enjoyed writing Jazz very much because of his love and respect for women ;-). It was really interesting seeing a sensitive side to the alpha male.

Salley,

To this day, Facing Fear is that one book I get the most email. It's an emotional book that seems to get to many readers.

Casee,

I'm quite a few books behind in my In Death reading but I love this series. Roarke is the bomb! I fall in love with him in every book.

As for writing with the intensity in Facing Fear, it's not something I plan or not planned. The characters have a story to tell and their characters work their issues out accordingly.

That said, I have to admit that while writing Facing Fear, I wanted to explore the very depths of despair and be willing to go out of my comfort level because I secretly wanted to write a book that has all the taboos that editors and agents won't touch. In short, I wrote Facing Fear for myself.

In my Virtually stories, I'm given a chance to go deeper into my characters because I have three books (or more) to play with. I intend to take my commando down that road that opens him up to a lot of angst because he's in a job that makes it difficult for him to love 100 percent. It'll be fun to dissect this hero!

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge