ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Uber Numbers

Mitch Albom's For One More Day, a story about a man's last chance to spend time with his mother, after she's been dead for years, is being promoted at Starbucks. The author is on a 62-city tour, stopping at Starbucks for signings. Now, I wonder, would sales of Starbucks coffee go up because of Albom/book fans standing in line to meet the author and buy a autographed book?

Mind you, sales of this book is nothing to sneeze about--115,000 in its debut weeks (Gulp...heh heh), but the businesswoman in me wonder, of all the big selling books, why Starbucks chose this particular author to promote. Does their marketing department reason that coffee-drinkers and "a story about talking to mom" is sort of a good fuzzy feeling? Would the usual on-the-go Starbucks fan actually go stand in line for the book? I mean, that's $5 for the coffee and $5 for the coffee cake and $25 for the book. Gulp***

I think Starbucks should promote Virtually His ;-). All coffee AND coffee cake fiends will love Hell's monitor, I'm sure of it!!! ;-) 115,000 books in its debut week. Sigh. Just so you know how BIG that is, Nora Roberts' newest, Dream Makers, debut at #5 and it sold 21,000. That isn't too shabby either; most of us mid-listers would be happy to sell 21,000 in the first month! By the way, I got these numbers from the Book Standard/Nielsen Charts.

Have any of you read this book? Other than my usual favorites, I don't really have much time to read, even though I try to buy books outside the romance genre. I usually end up reading political non-fiction or history books instead.

BTW, thanks for all the comments on Jed's interview. He says he's pleased by HIS numbers. Whatever.

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

2 comments:

nightshield2003 said...

I haven't read Mitch Albom's book. I see it all the time though when I go to Starbucks. Don't think I'd be reading it either; just not my type.

Ahh. I guess Harlequin/Silhouette released another old Nora. FYI, Dream Makers contains Untamed and Less of a Stranger.

Leah

Gennita said...

Leah,

yeah, I get confused with all the Nora books around ;-). She is simply amazing.

SQ,

My reading is just as messed up as you are. In between romance books, I also read Foreign Affairs, Political Blah Blahs, Weaponry Blah Blahs, Science and Technology Blahs Blahs, and then pounce on a Rag showing Brad and Jennifer taking a rickshaw ride through some African city ;-). Brain candy.

Good luck with the GRE reading materials. ***shudder

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge