ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Uber Birthday Boy!


Everyone now, in your breathiest Marilyn Monroe voice:

Happy Birthday to Mr. Clooney
Happy Birthday to Mr. Clooooney
Happy Birthday to George Cloooooney
Happy
Birth
day
toooooooooo (make a moue here, bend down, show your cleavage) youuuuuuu....

Sigh...I must be in love. I don't remember birthdays but I remember his. Pathetic. What does one buy for his birthday, anyway? Not that I could afford him, heh. But they say it's the thought that counts, so in that case, I wish to give my George a quiet evening on the highest floor of a condo overlooking the river here, on the side where you can view the sunset, and he and I could have a nice quiet drink and I can melt in his delectable gaze while he...

Hmmm, where was I? Oh, his birthday. Well, enough of dreaming. George is just too cool to spend time with a hot roofing chick like me ;-).

Here are nominations, with explanations, from posters in the comment area for Best 25 Romance Books Evah (cut and pasted):

Kathleen D: Jude Deveraux's A Knight in Shining Armor (1989). I don't know if it was *the* first TT romance to take into account the effects of TT in current-time storyline, but it was the first one I'd read where the hero is reincarnated for his HEA.J.D. Robb's Naked in Death (1995). Why? Roarke. Enough said. ;>

Me: Totally agree on Roarke's Naked In Death, a real departure for NR as well as romantic suspense. Also got me to see futuristics as "closer" in the future.

Dee: OUTLANDER is one of the first books that I had to talk about, it was almost crazy how in dominated my thoughts. Also, Jamie is one of the best heroes written.

Me: Outlander did make a mark in the romance world and Miss Gabaldon attended RWA in 1998 (?) to promote her book to romance readers, and I sat next to her at lunch. So there, Dee, if she doesn't like being pigeonholed now, she sure didn't mind making pigeon friends then ;-).

Anonymous: HUMMINGBIRD by LaVyrle Spencer (first pub. in 1987). The way she makes the characters so alive and real is simply amazing.

Me: Never read it but heard a lot about it. Sigh. Time.

Kate: Iris Johannsen's "Wind Dancer." It's one of her earlier books and, holy freaking crap, the characters are so real and intense and passoniate...and the sex is hot hot hot.

Me: I have read Wind Dancer a long time ago, I think, but she had several titles with Wind in it so I'm not sure. But I LOVED IJ way back when.

SQ: 1. Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard (2000)Jaine Bright--'nuff said. I want to be just like Jaine when I grow up.
2. Facing Fear by YOU (2004) Asian heroine! Woohoo!
3. Devil's Bride by Stephanie Laurens (1998)Regency romance where the heroine doesn't play stupid and helpless.
4. First Lady by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (2000)Phillips gives us female president. FINALLY! Now if this would only translate to real life...
5. Prince Charming by Julie Garwood (1995)

Me: Can't agree that would be the LH I pick. But wow, thank you for nominating my book! Woohoo! I'm really honored--top 25?! I enjoyed Prince Charming but not sure whether I would put that in my top 25 either.

PS: 1. The Defiant Hero - Suzanne Brockmann
2. Silent Melody - Mary Balogh
3. A Candle in the Window - Christina Dodd
4. Saving Grace - Julie Garwood
5. China Bride - Mary Jo Putney
6. Dark Melody by Christine Feehan
7. A Knight In Shining Armor - Jude Deveraux
8. Mackenzie's Mountain - Linda Howard
9. Stardust of Yesterday - Lynn Kurland
10. All The Queen's Men - Linda Howard

Me: Definitely A Candle In The Window--that's my #1 favorite book! Brockmann definitely, but to me, I'd nominate Joe Cat's book in Top 25. That was Da One. And who can forget MacKenzie's Mountain's first line?!

Wow, thanks for the nominations! Any more from readers? We're playing "Let's Make a Top 25 Romance List." Rules: Must be innovative for its time, must give you an emotional workout, and of course, a good read to you, with that WOW factor that makes you reread afterwards.

Today I want to add Elizabeth Lowell's Tell Me No Lies. Definitely different in its time and, I think, her best book.

Tough to go looking at your shelves and deciding which book to make it into the list, isn't it? I have so many favorites! But I want each nomination to be very special and not just because it's by my favorite author, or that it's a comfort read, or that it's good. I would like to put some trailblazers in the Top 25.

Of course, if George Clooney was a romance book, you know he'd be up there on my list! Hehe.



Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

3 comments:

Mary Stella said...

First, thank you for George Clooney's gorgeous self. *sigh* Happy Birthday George.

Mackenzie's Mountain definitely tops the list of 25 greatest for me. So does Jackson Rule by Sharon Sala. It Had to be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I'm with you on Prince Joe by Suz Brockmann. I'll have to give this some thought before sharing other nominations.

Gennita said...

Mary Stella,
I'll add your nominations to the blog today!

Kathleen Dante said...

I have a confession to make: I don't get that George Clooney thing at all. I mean, sure he's good-looking, but he isn't *gorgeous* IMO. Heck, he looks like a former boss of mine!

Oh, yeah. I definitely agree on Mackenzie's Mountain and Prince Joe. I think Prince Joe is Brockmann's best book. Another one I'd nominate is Linda Howard's Son of the Morning. That mental contact across time was fabulous, as was the heroine's character development.

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge