ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Can Men Do It Right?

Romance, that is...but I'm jumping too far ahead. Read on...

************
Wow, I see I have a lot of questions to ask Jed when I meet with him this weekend! It's going to be an interesting interview indeed and I'm pretty excited about it. I don't get to have a one-on-one with my characters quite like this before.

Usually they show up while I'm doing odd stuff, like driving to work, and they interrupt the rock and roll music on the radio with a couple of insanely clever lines of dialogue. And then I have to keep repeating them over and over in my mind till I get to a stop light so I can write them down ;-P. It's never a "have a conversation" type of relationship between us.

So, anyway, sometime this weekend, I'll be armed with note pad and paper and of course, a cool demeanor because it's just Not Good to jump up and down while interviewing god-in-jeans. ;-).

*********

Here's an interesting article for discussion:
CAN MEN WRITE ROMANCE NOVELS?
Ray Connolly says Yes and Liz Hunt says No. Do you want to add your thoughts about that? Enjoyed a Nicholas Spark book? Is it a romance novel to you? Or is the sad ending a turn-off to us die-hard HEA (Happily Ever After) lovers?

There are actually more male romance writers out there than you think. Can you name a few?

One thing I feel male writers don't do justice to is the kissing department ;-). I mean, in writing, not their experience, heh. I don't find much kissing in books written by men and when it's done, it's almost a duty or described as "he kissed her ferociously" and not much else. Am I the only one who feel that way? remember the example I brought up ages ago (March 15, 2006, for those who want to check it out) a scene written by a man, depicting the moment the hero stood naked and introduced "himself" to the heroine? Remember his line? ;-P It was "Meet The Creature." How...romantic.

Okay, off I go to yell at some guys on the roof who couldn't even spell romance. To them, romance is having a woman with a car who can drive them to work because they don't have a driver's license for one reason or another. No, it's no use explaining to them the concept of independent uber male.

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol. i'm a bit prejudiced. i won't look at a romantic supsence book if the author's a guy. reasons? don't know. maybe that alpha image just doesn't ring true coming from a romantic soppy man. It's almost as if they're projecting a sense of alpha-ness onto the hero because they lack it in their own personalities. and something else to consider. not one book that either author mentioned did i like. sigh. oh well
~Athena

Anonymous said...

ooooh...can i ask another question of Jed? whispers...Is he ticklish?

~Athena

Anonymous said...

I've been reading romance for about half of my not-so-long life, and I am pretty damn sure that men CAN'T write it. The important part about the romance is the feelings, not just sex or anything like that and boys, no matter how sensitive, just can't seem to be able to express feelings in written word as well as women. Yeah, and that sad-ending crap, well, if someone is going to pull that they better just call it fiction because for me, romance equals happily ever after (at least in a hero-and-heroine-are-still-breathing-AND-speaking-to-each-other.

Anonymous said...

I know of one male author who can/could write romance. He hasn't had anything out in a long, long time, but Tom Curtis and wife Sharon wrote as Laura London, and "The Windflower" is one of my alltime favorite books that I have read over and over again, and I will be upset until the day I die that they didn't write two sequels, one about Cat, and one about the Captain. I also have all of their Loveswept books which are also excellent.

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge