ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Books I Loved Loved Loved This Year

I don't read enough. I have sooooo many books and not enough time to enjoy all the great stories. So, if you think I'm missing some wonderful books, they're probably on my TBR pile, waiting patiently. Or, they're in hard cover and I can't afford those till they come out in paperback (Briggs. Sob. How I'm missing my Briggs).

Making that annual list and in no particular order:

1) Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews (2011)
Urban fantasy series, full of action and gore, with great romance. Although the sexual tension between the main couple is gone, now that they're mated, the dialogue still sparkles. Not sure whether I love the twist about Ilona's mother and her adopted father, though. But, the Andrews team has magical storytelling powers.

2) Silk Is For Seduction by Loretta Chase (2011)
Historical. I miss my Carsingtons. Not as great as Last Night's Scandal (2010) but Chase is a must-read for me. Her heroines always make the heroes laugh and behave like lovesick men and I love her for it. She makes me go on a glom, every year, re-reading the Carsington books.

3) Inside Out by Barry Eisler (2010)
Thriller. My kind of thing--spec ops, CIA, warrior, espionage, international intrigue. I love Eisler's voice.

4) Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh (2011)
Urban fantasy. The focus has changed to Dmitri, Raphael's righthand vampire. This is a violent tale, not for the squeamish who likes her paranormal violence off-stage. The heroine, Honor, has been violated and this topic is front and center. I liked the change in focus from Raphael and Elena, but I do miss them because I like the angelic mythological elements more than vampire stuff (which is, you know, kind of all the same right now). Dmitri's tortured past was beyond horrific and sad and so he is redeemed from all those mean deeds he did against our main heroine, Elena.

5) With No Remorse by Cindy Gerard (2011)
Romantic suspense just the way I like it--quick paced action and sexy times. Her protective alpha males are fun to read.

6) Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (2009, English mmpb)
Didn't see the original movie with Noomi Rapace but the US one starring Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara is coming out this Christmas. Daniel Craig is my must-see guy, so off I went to buy the book.

Not a romance. Thriller with romantic elements. Very layered. A page turner, with a female protagonist that just jumps off the pages. She's much more interesting than the hero (male protagonist) but that's to be expected since the trilogy has 'The Girl...' in the titles. I usually don't like murder mysteries and gory serial killer plots so if a book with those element held my attention, you know the story was a good one :). Made me want to go out and get a nipple ring.

7) Shameless by Anne Stuart (2011).
Historical. Stuart's heroes are my Achilles' heel. I don't care bad they are. I lub them. The hero in Shameless is the usual bored rake that needed reforming. The heroine is Stuart's classic matyr who kind of hates or, at least, is indifferent to sex. Hero seduces heroine but is ultimately reformed. Stuart makes this trope so darn pleasurable to read.

MUST READ SOON ON THE TBR PILE. I'm recommending these without having read any pages because I know I'll love them:
 
The Black Hawk by Joanna Bourne (2011, historical, Hawke's story)

New York to Dallas by J.D. Robb (2011, hardcover, which means I wait for mmpb)

Within The Flames by Marjorie M. Liu (2011, paranormal)

Please tell me what books are your favorite this year. I read more than 7 but the above really resonated with me.

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

No comments:

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge