ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Having Writer's Drip

Here's a new review of Virtually Hers by the Joyfully Reviewed site and the reviewer is happy. Yay!

Writing has been coming incredibly slow and frustrating. Drip. Drip Drip. And with the deadline noose tightening, it's not a fun feeling at all.

It makes me understand the writers depicted in those old movies in some yucky motel room with lots of booze and cigarettes while they pound away at their story, totally living outside of reality and away from distraction of news. I would love that kind of tunnel vision focus, minus the cigarettes and yucky conditions. You noticed I didn't take away the booze ;-).

But alas, I'm not brave enough to be that into my art. Those movie writers don't care about bills (because they have none, ha) and they, being fictitious, probably don't have mutant poms to feed too (and huuuuuge vet bills!).

They always say that the artist must sacrifice for his art. There are biographical accounts of madness, angst and existential loneliness, and you know, I look at my own little world and go, "uh-huh madness, angst and existential loneliness alrightee then, go over there and wait your turn while I deal with fear, impatience, and daily aches and pain." Yeah, the drama in my life is overwhelming ;-).

Not saying here that there aren't great writers (and artistes) today that aren't normal. I'm sure many of them are well-adjusted human beings. And they probably go through the same empty feeling I get when they're stuck--where is the dRAMa, the rush of creativity, that sort of feeling.

It's good to look hard at one's life and question about one's choices, especially when you're a writer. Because writers are observers by nature and who better to observe than one's own life? And in the end, I have to acknowledge that I don't want THAT MUCH drama. I'm such a coward, I know. //hangs head

That's the hardest part of being a writer, I think. When the creativity goes drip, drip, drip, there is nowhere to turn to because it's all inside the head, and all that despair is meaningless to everyone else but the writer.

Geez, now that I've spread some cheer to your Friday, I'll endeavor to brighten my roofing crew's day with some messy leaks.



Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

1 comment:

alund said...

Sorry it's not going as well as you've hoped. I'm guessing you're looking just as the portrait in you blog.

By the by, want to encourage all your fans to contribute to the American Red Cross' Haiti fund. In fact, American Airlines has partnered with the Red Cross and is giving frequent flyer miles for every donation given. So you can contribute to a very noble cause and at the same time earn miles for travel. Please access via www.aa.com and help save lives!

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge