ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

If I Could Write Like Michelle Kwan Skates...

If you've read this blog for the five years it's been around, you know I'm an avid Michelle Kwan fangrrrrl. I've celebrated every one of her achievements/wins as if they were my own, so much so that my buddies call her my girl when they see her on TV. I think I even blogged an MK and Writing Week one year ;-).

I've watched her since she was eight. That was almost two decades ago. She never fail to move me whenever she's on the ice and these last three years, because of injuries, she'd been off the public ice. I've missed her.

Her skating evokes emotions that puts her performance on another level above everyone else's. This year, she formally retires from competitive figure-skating. This is her swan song, performed in Korea, appropriately titled Winter Song. I'm just happy that she's back, skating painless and still giving her all whenever she's out there.

I don't know why her skating affects me that certain way. I just know it's something I've strived for whenever I write--to be able to make my reader pay attention to the in-between details, to enjoy the power of emotions through words, and to be immersed in a unique story. It awes me that what she does inspires me creatively, that her art could reach out from within her and make me (and thousands of others) tear up, and finally, give me that extra push to work harder on my love of story-telling.

Competitive figure-skating hasn't been the same for me since she left. I hadn't realized how big a void she left till I saw her step on the ice the other night. With that special blend of Kwan Magic, the last three years' horrendous nightmare of contorted legs touching the top of heads to get those few extra "points" disappeared. At least, for five glorious minutes.

And that* is the difference between craft and art.

(Volume on video very loud. Volume control is beneath the video screen)



Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

4 comments:

Kaya said...

I know you love the Kween. Rest assured your writing brings out all the emotions from me, sweetie.

DBD said...

Jen - that was very touching tribute. Thank you for sharing. I fully understand what you mean as I feel the exact same way about the musician Ani Difranco. Seeing someone else who is so devoted to their craft and. . . so in love with it is absolutely amazing. These people bring a little extra something to it that is hard to explain, but easy to be enchanted by.

You are one of those people. I am in complete awe of you as a writer, a roofer, a constant blogger, and as a person. You do it all with humble humor and you are definitely one I keep in mind as I write. You remind me to push past any limitations I may put on myself because there is always something more in the well.

Thank Jen

Deb

Gennita said...

Kaya,

Thank you!

Gennita said...

Deb,

Wow, I don't know what to say. That's such a huge compliment and I thank you for your kind (VERY KIND) words. As a writer, my goals are simple: love the story, tell it well, and don't forget it's not a chore. Hopefully, the end product will move readers and make them love my work! ;-)

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge