ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday MeMe

These questions are weighing on my mind. Can you enlighten me?

1) How long does your vacuum cleaner last? Do you repair it when it goes bad or do you just go to Target/Walmart and buy a new $40+ one because it's more convenient?

Me: I buy a new one. I break vacuums a LOT because of the dog hair.

2) Are you drinking less bottled water?

Me: I seldom drink bottled water.

3) Do you get uncomfortable when you're at your friend's house and you hear her teasing her four year old son about his "girlfriend"? And that he was kissing her?

Me: Extremely for me, although I don't show it. It just seems so...too young.

4) How many books do you read a week?

Me: I try for two, but averaging one a week now, sometimes even less. Mostly because I've been running around looking for jobs and since it's mostly reroofing, I'm beat by the time I sit down at night.

5) What's the most interesting spam title in your email box?

Me: "Enlarge your lovetool." Well, they must know I read romance.

6) What is the difference between were-whatever and shapeshifter?

Me: I don't know. That's why I'm asking you. I still think sexxoring with King of the WereRats is really, really weird. A giant rat in your bed. Argh. And if it's the King of WereSwans, would he be insulted if your bed was filled with down and feathers?

7) What is the weirdest thing in a romance book that creeped you out?

Me: Long ago, when I first read Feehan's Carpathians and found out that they sleep in the soil, and actually almost forcibly forced their "changed" human mates to do that--no coffin, nothing, just burying themselves--it really gave me the hibby-jibbies. I mean, yeah, they didn't breathe when they were down there, but for some reason, the being buried thing really reinforced that they were "not alive" in daylight. For some reason, I could accept that when I read Ann Rice's Lestat because, you know, that's horror and was supposed to be horrific. I don't know. My psyche is a strange, strange thing.



Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

8 comments:

LadyZannah said...

1- You mean they like break or something? That must be why the carpet never looks vacuumed anymore.
2- drink Perfect Water (H2O2) helps me with my asthma a bit. www.drinkperfectwater.com
3- It was my son the one kissing her, sorry.
4- As many as I can get my hands on. Last week I read 4.
5- Enlarge your manhood. Does that mean I'll have more men???
6- Were-whatevers are cool and mostly hairy, Shapeshifters can also turn into other people thus not cool. I mean why would a grown man want to turn into a woman?? Not cool and kinda RuPaul-ish.
7- The whole getting down and dirty with the King of Swans was kinda freaky, then there is the vampire thing- I mean they are dead, gives me the willies.

Carol, the cat slave said...

1. Five cats - lots of hair - I buy a new vacuum cleaner when the old one breaks down. So far the best one I’ve ever had is a Dirt Devil with a cannister instead of bags. When it goes I’ll be getting another one.
2. I used to drink a lot of bottled water, but ever since I got a fridge with a water filter built in I’ve stopped buying the bottled stuff.
3. Four-year olds kissing? Yes, that would make me uncomfortable too. Kids grow up too fast as it is these days, they don’t need any encouragement.
4. Books in a week? Anywhere from 1 a week to one a day.
5. The most interesting spam title in my email box. . . I’ve already deleted it so I can’t give you the exact title, but it was telling me I could vote before November 4 and included a map of where to vote. Uh, I’m Canadian. I voted last week. :-)
6. I think the big difference between a were and shapeshifter is that anyone can become a were if they’re bitten, but you have to be born a shapeshifter.
7. I’d have to agree with you on the Carpathian thing. I’d like to see the vampire who’s man enough to try and make me sleep in the dirt!

Amie Stuart said...

. I hate vacuums.....we have a love/hate relationship--same with lawnmowers! I usually buy one a year and usually the kids break it, but this last time I spent a BIT more and hopefully this one will last! Ugh!

2) Are you drinking less bottled water?

Me: No because it's the only way to get cold water at work.

3) Do you get uncomfortable when you're at your friend's house and you hear her teasing her four year old son about his "girlfriend"? And that he was kissing her?

Me: No...my son had his first g'friend in Kindegarten :) I think it's cute though I DO try to not tease too much.

4) How many books do you read a week?

Me: Usually one--if I"m lucky. It kinda depends on how busy the week is. This week I'll probably do NO reading because it's gonna be bad.

5) What's the most interesting spam title in your email box?

Me: Dunno....it's not in english.

6) What is the difference between were-whatever and shapeshifter?

Me: Hmmm Maybe shapeshifters are born to it and were's are made? *shrug* sounds good.

7) What is the weirdest thing in a romance book that creeped you out?

Me: VC Andrews incest/love

BONUS: How's the writing going Genn?

Mo said...

1) How long does your vacuum cleaner last? Do you repair it when it goes bad or do you just go to Target/Walmart and buy a new $40+ one because it's more convenient?

I don't buy new vacuums. We have a Dyson. ;)

2) Are you drinking less bottled water?

God, no! If anything, more. Tap water where I am makes the cat sick so we stopped drinking it too. For the record, the cat also drinks bottled water. And we only drink spring water bottled water.

3) Do you get uncomfortable when you're at your friend's house and you hear her teasing her four year old son about his "girlfriend"? And that he was kissing her?

Um, 4 years olds kissing can be cute, like when a cousin kisses a younger cousin on the cheek. Girlfriend/boyfriend at 4 is just gross.

4) How many books do you read a week?

Depends on the month. In fall/winter a lot fewer than I'd like. During the summer, I can read 4-5 a week, not counting the Presents. Then it's more like 10.

5) What's the most interesting spam title in your email box?

Dunno. GMail's spam filters are really good.

6) What is the difference between were-whatever and shapeshifter?

Weres can be born weres too a la Kenyon's Katagaria. To my way of thinking the difference is that weres can only change into another living being. A shape shifter could be the chair you are sitting in.

7) What is the weirdest thing in a romance book that creeped you out?

I dunno. If I think for a moment that the book is gonna creep me out, I don't read it. That's why I love having long excerpts on websites. They give me an idea of what to expect.

Edith said...

1. Had my vac 20 years and it still works. Maybe cuz I don't use it much ;-).

2. Tap water. Tap water is the greatest bargain on earth. Too cheap to buy bottled.

3. 4-year olds kissing? Too too young!

4. 2-3 books. If I can force myself off the computer, sigh.

5 Don't read spam, so sorry. Stuff in my spam folder is automatically deleted.

6. I thought shapeshifters could change to any animal and weres were just human to one specific animal. Not sure, though.

7. Can't remember the titles but one was a women having sex with shape-shifter and he was sort of into his cat shape, somewhat hairy and musty smelling. It grossed me out.

Gennita said...

You see? Y'all understand about weres/shifters more than I do. I've been trying to figure it all out by myself :-). Next time, I'll ask.

I feel guilty throwing away my vacuums because people pick them off my curb and repair them, so I feel I SHOULD repair mine. But I'm so lazy and I figure the gas bill of running back and forth to repair a $50 vacuum would be about the same as a new vacuum, yes?


*************

Wow, Ita! 20 years? What kind of vacuum do you have? I bet it's really, really heavy ;-).

LadyZannah said...

Ita that sounds like the same girl who had sex with the king of rats AND the king of swans....and several vampires, a werewolf or two, wereleopard....just about everybody in the neighborhood. Wasn't there a mermaid dude as well? Oh yeah there was the weretigers....Yup, she's a busy bee.

Gennita said...

Amy S:

Do you consider VC Andrews romance? I think it's more horror.

Writing-wise, it's painful because my head isn't in the writing place. But I'm enjoying Viking Dude's POV about things. Since it's a male POV, I'm having fun seeing women through his eyes. Ha.

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge