ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Misbehaving

No

Hair

Dryer.

NO COFFEE POT.

This is getting serious now and I can't bitch about it on the Net long because the Vortex for Internet Connectivity only lasts for a few minutes and then it disappears until proper supplication of cursing is given.

And let's not mention the drilling and construction pounding coming from outside our windows in the morning. It makes me feel...quite at home. Sigh. There is no wallpaper on half the hallway. And need I mention the paint splatters from the speed they finished the rooms so arriving guests can have them. This is a crazy hotel--and I've been to some doozies--and very close to taking the prize for the Worst Convention Hotel of All Time.

Overheard last night, which I thought--at that moment--was extremely hilarious. You might just think I was being bitchy. But hey, you got to be there to see the facial expressions.

I was shooting the breeze with Andre, Mr. Romance 2005 and Cherie, my Australian girlfriend at the end of the party, just talking, because I've known Andre since his competitive days. He's a very down-to-earth, quiet kind of guy, very sweet, and very well-traveled.

Enter newly published author, with big news about her book, and a bit drunk.

"Hi, I'm ******** and my book is coming out *****! And my publisher is sending me on a book tour to Europe!"

"Great!" I said.

"Oh, how cool. I live in England now."

Author basically ignored us and beelined to Andre. "So, where are you from?"

"Malta," Andre said.

"Oh, I just drove by there."

Andre's expression was priceless. "Uh--I don't think so."

"I did, I did! I've been traveling cross-country the last eight weeks! I'm sure I passed by your town. Where is it exactly?"

"In the middle of the Mediterranean," Andre deadpanned.

Cherie and I nearly died. It was hard not to laugh and of course, we didn't do it in front of the woman, but wow! It's got to be embarrassing to be smacked down by a male model.

My RT adventures continue. I wish I could show you guys pics, but this connection is slower than DRYING MY HAIR WITHOUT A HAIRDRYER. Hope you guys are behaving.

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

could not survive without blow dryer and coffee pot. You're brave.

omg on the author. o.m.g. I would have laughed and wouldn't have been able to stop myself.

Anonymous said...

Man. Bad digs. You would think that if the hotel wasn't going to be ready for the convention they(the hotel) wouldn't have booked it. Talk about bad PR.

"I just drove by there" "I did, I did!" Brilliant! Snort.

LadyZannah said...

ROFL, just drove past Malta huh? I would have laughed, hard.

vince said...

The summer NAMM (The International Music Products Association) convention last year was in Austin, TX. Our flight was delayed in Chicago so that we get into Austin at about 2 in the morning. This is followed by a half-hour drive to the Holiday Inn where we're staying; a hotel on the list of places approved for us conventioneers.

We go to check in. Ooops, says the night staff, you shouldn't have been booked into that room. That whole wing starts renovation tomorrow morning. No one was supposed to be booked into that wing. Move you to another room? We can't, we're full. There's a convention in town. You're here for the convention? Oops again.

I was NOT happy. The best they could do was put us in the room for the remaining darkness and try to do something later. A room with no air conditioning. In June. In Austin freaking Texas.

I feel your pain.

And I'm amazed you held your laughter until new author left. Like other have mentioned, I don't think I could have.

Anonymous said...

too cute :) thanks for the laugh

Kaz Augustin said...

Reminds me of a science-fiction convention I attended in Los Angeles. I was talking to the people around the table, and everyone was mentioning where they were from. I said I'd flown in from Australia. There were sounds of appreciation, and then one lady (a high-school teacher, no less!) piped up and said she'd probably come further than I had ... from Pennsylvania!

I had to explain a bit of geography to her and that I thought Australia was a bit further away from LA than the East Coast. Not sure if she still believed me at the end! LOL

Anonymous said...

i would have said: "Have another one honey"!

Anonymous said...

Wow... I would've asked, 'are you serious?' lol and then burst out laughing... That is too funny.

And see how much we depend on technology? Suck it up and just have fun outside your room! :P

vanessa jaye said...

Sorry about the crappy situation at the hotel.

LOL@ Andres reponse Yikes!

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge