ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Uber Readers Who Wuv Me

Hey, I found a French review of VIRTUALLY HIS. Here is the LINK. My French is badbadbadbadbad, so I asked Laurence, a wonderful reader from France, to help translate. I have uploaded her work (with the help of her dh) on my website. If you're interested in reading the translated review, please click HERE and the link will open into a WORD document. Thank you, Laur! Mwah.

Another wonderful reader, Tara, is also helping me in a project called The Kirkland Files. We're using the info on Da Glow World, the character arcs and photos, and adding a Dr. Kevin Kirkland take to it--his private assessments and personal observations. Tara has done a phenomenal job, playing around with Powerpoint and Adobe. Once every profile is completed, or at least, once we get half of the character sheets done, I hope to find a way to post them in a way that will just be a click from the Glow World site, under some kind of icon that looks like a Dr. Kirkland File Cabinet, or something like that.

The problem is, I'm not especially computer-savvy. What you see on Da Glow World is the best you can get from me, which is, RUDIMENTARY. I'm not exactly sure yet how to do this with my limited puter-skills. I can visualize it, though, in a simple format:

An Icon (Kirkland File Cabinet), with a short explanation of what it contains.

Once it's clicked, then the reader sees every name (or thumbnail, whichever is easier) of the operatives as a link. Click on the link of choice and it will direct to the Power Point Page of said operative. Right now, my only way of doing this is load up each page as an individual file in my GEMS page on my website, either as a Power Point format or just regular .jpg (like a photo).

Help me out here. Let's see whether you can click on this small version. Does it open into a bigger picture for you? Is it readable? Any suggestions?













It will probably be smaller--like a thumbnail--once it's done...if I can get it the way I visualize it ;-).

So, what do you think? Calling all techy geeks! And, even if you are not one, how do you feel about a massive character file with all your commandos and GEM operatives at your fingertips?

I wuv my uber-readers!

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

5 comments:

Mo said...

Fascinating review, btw. Oh, and you can do what you want with Kirkland's files all in one page (whether you do it as Photoshop/image files, PowerPoint (which I don't recommend, or HTML) all in one page. It would just jump from piece to piece. Wouldn't be hard to set up at all. Actually, you can see an example that I've done here (real work LOL). http://www.mpr.com/fed/seaport.html#overview

Oh, and you are such a tease!! Can I go with Hell and Jed? *snicker* Magic Eight Ball was quite informative this morning.

Oh, and I finally decided; I'm going to read them in order.

Anonymous said...

wow, this time it turned all the instructions into korean automatically! (in korea at the moment) anyway, yea looks good, although it sounds like dr kirkland has a crush on shahrukh :)

Dee said...

This is great, Jenn! But it sounds like Monique knows what she's doing and that this can be both user & creator-friendly.

BTW, if Shahrukh's eyes are "fierce black" is he wearing contacts in this picture? ;o)

Dee

Anonymous said...

!!! Your French reviewer likened Jed to Fabio???

I love that Kirkland file on Shahruhk. I asked you once for something like that and this is exactly what I had in mind. It's going to be awesome having a file like this for every character. Guess whose I'll be looking out for?

My prediction for GLow ('G' being 'Goddess'): You're going to be the first computer-illiterate author to have a virtual/online romantic suspense story for your fans! You can tell your story behind the scenes, in-between publications etc.

Unknown said...

Love the file!

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge