ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Call Me Uber Speaker!


The Colorado Romance Writers conference is done. It was, IMHO, a total success. I made new contacts, reconnected with good friends, and actually survived being a closing speaker ;-).



The food was fab. I'll have you know that Bob Mayer was impressed at how quickly I destroyed this beautiful work of art.


That's Mr. Bob Mayer, with his books (also the one he co-wrote with Jennifer Crusie), and moi, with mine. I sold out of all my copies of Virtually His, hurrah!

We had fun and informative workshops. Just ask multi-talented author/pal, Pamela Clare, who somehow lost the key to her handcuffs ;-). Let me tell you, there were some doubletakes as she walked around the hotel like that.
Here's me, looking like a dork:


Yes, the closing speech moment. Notice the deer in headlights stare. The clenched fist. You can't see the wine glass hiding behind the podium ;-).

BUT

I KILLED IT, BABEEEeeeeeeee!

Woohoo!

I talked about desperation and what it meant in my life, how it developed me into the person and writer that I am today. I joked a little about my crazy background--the day I was lost in the market back home, the day I flew to the States with all my luggage, the day I had no money and no electricity. It was all somehow tied back to my love of writing a good story. Anyway, it worked and my audience was very happy with me, which was the goal, right?

I came away very relieved and very shocked that everyone loved the speech. I was even invited by a few people to do this again at several other conferences. Hahaha. Hahahahahahaha. You know that big NO was hanging at the tip of my tongue, right? They then SNEAKILY added that this would really help promote me and my books. Sigh. I dunno. Maybe it's just a fluke today that I didn't embarrass myself.

I talked to Sue Grimshaw, Romance Book Buyer from Borders and an all-round great romance reader/friend/expert, and she told me that Virtually His is selling quite well at Borders. She also confirmed, through her own sources, that Walmart and Target were cutting down on their romance buying. Sue told me that this gave her the opportunity to buy more stock for certain authors and promote them. She gave many tips to attending authors on how to get their name out there. This is why conferences/networking is important.

I have more pics to share but need to do some packing now. Just wanted to show off our SUITE. The bed was take-homeworthy. And we had a whole sitting room to party in, with a little kitchen-bar. This is the way to do it, girls and boys ;-).


Now all I need is to borrow Pamela Clare's handcuffs and we're set! Heeheehee.


Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have Just read your new book Virtually His. I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for the Virtually Her's book coming out in August. Can you confirm that it is coming out in August Please? I hope it is because I am anticipating it big time.

Very enjoyable, I enjoyed it almost as much as your first book Into Danger because the female characters in both these books weren't passive but were more take charge of situations and more than able to not just get mad but to get even with their partners.

I hope you sincerely continue with these books and I hope to read Virtually Hers very very soon.

Tina

Sarah said...

I am so pleased for you chick, that is just groovy. You must be so chuffed!
Suite looks niiiice!

Casee said...

I am so happy for you! Your speech sounds fab. I can't wait to come to your table in July.

Very nice suite! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on what sounds like a successful conference and a great speech.
I have bought the book, but have not read it yet. You know how the to be read pile is bigger than the finished reading pile. Hopefully I will get some time to read on my camping trip coming up soon.
Have a great week and take care.
-vanityball

Unknown said...

Congrats on your successful speech.

Just finished Virtually His and it was great. Can't wait for Vitually Hers.

Pamela Clare said...

It was great seeing you, Jenna. When I get a new shim, I'll prove that I CAN break out of handcuffs. Fun photos!

XO,
Pamela C.

Gennita said...

hey everyone,

I'll be back to answer your questions tonight, 'kay? Late for work...hugs to all!

Jenn (Weds 11am)

Gennita said...

Hi Tina,

Virtually Hers is probably coming out in December, I'm afraid. I'm so happy you enjoyed the first book in the series. The second one is sexier because the monitor is now in his full "imprinting" mode, if you get what I mean ;-).

Sarah,
Indeed, I surprised myself! I am now ready to conquer the world...NOT. LOL.

Casee,
Can't wait to see you too!

Vanityball,
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the techy bits. Thank you for buying my book!

Joyce,
Thank you! I'll be putting out excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS soon.

Pamela Clare,
If I had had time, I would have gotten you so drunk and then recuff you, heehee. Then make you try to get out of them. Heehee.

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge