ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Monday, December 04, 2006

A Bit Of Dis A Bit of Dat

Blogger keeps asking me to change into their new Blogger format. I keep ignoring. I'm old school like that. I'm afraid if I do it, a whole chunk of the files would be gone even though they insist that this won't happen. Ha. I've read the problems some bloggers have had switching. I'm so not going to give myself another unneccessary headache.

So tell me, if you're a blogger, did you switch and was it easy for you? What problems have you been having since?

It's not as if I have time to do it, anyway. I'm in the throes of looking at my copy edits. It's okay, but there are a lot of markings and I'm trying to decide what I want to stay and what I want stetted. There is a constant tug of war in a writer's mind (and ego) when her creation has been tampered with. There is editing and there is editing, and the writer has to learn to recognize a good editor's clarification, and that sometimes it's okay to let it go.

I do have to find two replacements for two trademarked words, though. Superman and Bengay. I guess these "products" don't like to be used, even in generic dialogue like: "I feel like Superman," or "It smells like Bengay." One would think that these words are allowed in a general sort of way. Wronnng....

*************

I spent part of the weekend cackling over Linda Howard's DROP DEAD GORGEOUS, an excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT! and wickedly funny book. It's in first-person and done so well that you'd never think this is La Linda's second in this style. I learn so much about taking total control of a story and its theme from this book, using both humor and dialogue to show how the hero and heroine have grown from the first novel, TO DIE FOR.

**************

For those who like to read up about surviving in the world of publishing as a mid-list author, here's an interesting blog posted by
HOLLY LISLE about how chain stores can kill one's career. Depressing reading for Monday, so be forewarned.

**************

Lastly, just a thought--am I the only one who thinks Britney Spear's va-jay-jay overload is so spoiling the Christmas spirit?

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

3 comments:

Dee said...

Hey Jenn, sorry that the edits are so tough. I can't imagine what it's like having someone else tamper with "my baby." Yeah, like you said, sometimes the tampering makes it better but it still takes a confident person to accept it all.

My daughter switched to Beta and she said there are pros & cons. The switch was seemless and all her posts went over. But if you use Picassa to blog pictures it doesn't work the same as with Blogger.

Maybe the character can feel "like a super hero" who doesn't need that "stinky rub for sore muscles."

Yeah, yeah, it's evident that I'm not a writer, but I am an Encourager. :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey chick I switched over and it was fine. I use a mac so I don't have all of the options to begin with thru safari. The only problem I have is the spell check doesn't work but other then that it's good.

I read the new Howard, at first I didn't like te mind games Blair does but once it picked up steam I really really enjoyed it.

What about replacing Superman with Underdog (here I come to save the day!!!) and instead of Ben Gay how about crazy hot?

I'm been over Britney for awhile so I don't really care about her vajayjay, LOL.

Gennita said...

Dee,
Thanks for helping with the edits :-). I don't mind it because a good editor can find a lot of things that I and my editor missed in the first hundred times we read the manuscript! I like the "stinky rub" suggestion, LOL.

As for changing the blog to BETA, I heard of a few posters losing a bunch of their old posts. They caution to save them first but I don't have the time to do that right now. Sigh.

SQ,
You're a fount of knowledge, you are. The Bengay isn't really that important to me since it's not as if I'm using the word constantly through the story.

And, don't you know Britney's vajayjay is EXPLOSIVE? ;-)

Leiha,
Hahaha on Underdog.

I love the new Linda Howard. It was funny and the characters showed growth and made me believe their marriage was going to work. I love the way Linda Howard ran the whole theme of communication through the whole story, including Blair's loss of voice! I can talk about Linda's books for hours and hours ;-).

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge