ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Monday, November 06, 2006

I Need An Uber Assistant Like Peter Jensen

I spent some time printing out my FYEO entries yesterday. Gosh, has it been two years since I started blogging about COMCEN? I'm nowhere near done printing--there are tons of information there!

Part of the reason I'm doing it is to keep stuff straight in my head. Some readers would email me about where to look for certain information and although I know what I wrote, I don't know when I posted it. This way, I can sort of peruse my file quickly and answer questions. The only thing wrong with this system is that Blogger has the most recent post first (of course, makes sense that way) and so I have to file backwards. Only, the page numbers on top are now backwards too! LOL.

I'm going to have to figure out a way to make it less complicated. Looking at the new Beta Blogger, I notice they allow you to file things under different topics, so maybe I can create "Hunter Files" or "Jed Stuff" or "Diamond Tidbits." But are we allowed to do this to old posts? I have no idea. And no time to play around yet. So, for now, it's just reliance on the old grey matter.

One day, I'll be super-rich ;-) and hire an assistant to do just this sort of stuff, updating and filing all the website pages, as well as take care of paperwork. Dream, dream, dream....

Talking about assistant, I finished Anne Stuart's Cold As Ice. This is Peter Jensen's story; he's the one who's so in control he can do a man and not be bi-, bwahahaha. In CAI, he plays super-assistant to the bad guy, getting everything done without a problem, including somehow providing a can of TAB for the heroine while they were in the middle of the ocean.

The story was so good, I read it twice, but I still love Bastien's book, Black Ice better. The villain in CAI is totally out of a Bond movie, very wealthy, very over-the-top megalomaniac intending to rule the world through some super secret weapon of mass destruction. Black Ice villains were a bit more subtle and dangerous in comparison.

One thing that I didn't like was the way it ended. Not the HEA, which was Stuart Fabulouso, but the part before, when the heroine was in danger and the hero was saving her. One of my hot buttons is "silly female rushing in without weapons or plans of any sort to HELP her hero" scenario (Hate. Hate!), so that might be why I didn't enjoy that scene ;-). I know not everyone can be Sydney Bristow from Alias, but there must be a way to solve this problem of needing to go after your man who's after the bad guy when you're the one he'd come to save. There must be a way to pound into that kind of woman's head that she might be putting him in more danger! There must be! Assistant, file that under Things That Make Me Go GAH.

We'll have to talk more of Peter Jensen. We haven't touched on his sexual "ability" yet!

What's your hot button in a suspense?

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I can't really think about something specific to suspense but I really don't like when the heroine is too weak and leaves all control to the hero; that makes me want to go in there and shake her into action. I actually have more hot buttons about the romance part...for another discussion*s*.

Oh, discrepencies...that's for sure a way to make me moan in despair...I just finished a book where the hero received a call from the kidnapped heroine and so gave his phone to his cop brother to try to trace the call...then the brother say "call me if there's anything new" and I'm thinking, Yeah right, you just took his phone...but ok, I mean, he can find a landphone right?...next chapter, the hero is in his car, doing what???? making a couple a phone calls..hellllooooo....so now I have to wonder : does anybody read the books before printing them?

Dee said...

Jenn, I too hate a heroine who is too stupid to know when to leave the situation to the experts. If she's had not training and doesn't have any weapons or plan (like you said) then what in the world does she think she can do to help? All she does is make it worse. And I REALLY resent it when the author makes it so that the heroine's stupid blundering saves the day. That's dumb, dumb dumb.

Ooo, let's see do I have any hot buttons. :o) guess you can just refer to the above paragraph.

But then, I have to jump on Laur's bandwagon because being a detail person (that's a nice way of saying I lean a bit towards being anal) those discrepancies jump out at me and take me out of the story. Those things I lay at the copy editor's feet though absolving the author...this time. :o)

Gennita said...

Laur,
Oooh, discrepancies like that can really take one out of the story! unfortunately, it happens all the time, even if the author and copy-editor read and reread that manuscript over and over.

Dee,
Have you read Cold As Ice yet? Just wanting to hear your opinion ;-).

Some discrepancies are hard to catch. I know that there is a certain Julia Quinn novel where the heroine's eyes were one color in one book and then a different one in another book and her fans caught that. But someone like me wouldn't. I'm not very detailed oriented, I guess! Of course, if Jed's eyes suddenly turn blue, please hit me on the head ;-).

Anonymous said...

That is why you should always have manuscripts read by fans...he he he

Gennita said...

Laur, no fans want to read marked up manuscripts! =8-0

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge