ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Risky/Risque

Part Two of the Interview with Jed will be ready soon, I promise. I wish I can write as quickly as Nora Roberts but alas, the day job pays the bills ;-P.

I did, however, finish JR Ward's latest offering, Lover Awakened (shouldn't it be "Lovher Awakhened"? Heh). Wow! It had so much going on! I love a story with meat, don't you? And I lurv how Ward is having so much fun teasing us with these boys getting in touch with their gay side, heh heh heh. I don't think I've read a romance book in which one of the main macho males plant a big old (and not so loving) smooch on the lips of his drug supplier, have you? Pretty wild stuff. Definitely risky move, since now I wonder whether that particular Brothah will be doing some wild thang with Rehvenge, the Dhrug Dhealing Symphath.

Controversial books get talked about and that's good.

In honor of Banned Books Week, here is the American Library Association's
LIST of TOP 100 banned books from 1990-2000. Madonna's SEX made the list, LOL. Do you remember that phenomena, sold and marketed like a coffee table illustrated book? It was all wrapped up at the bookstores and could only be displayed behind the counter. You had to request for it if you wanted to leaf through the pages. I remember there were lines of people curious about those Madonna pictures. Remembering some of the images, they were mild in comparison with what we can get on the Internet these days!

What do you think of the concept of a banned book from a school library? Do you think some books ought to be locked away from the kids till they are older? Yes, yes, I know all about the rights and First Amendment and all the good arguments, etc., but it is a taxpayer's right to object to anything he/she finds objectionable if his/her dollar goes into paying for it. So, besides a shouting match and calling of names, what other solutions can each side offer? For example, should we have a section in the library for older kids only? Permission slips from the parents?

I have no solution, of course, since I don't have any kids and have no problem with kids reading Harry Potter, like some folks do. Quickly looking through the list, though, I admit to having some concern about books such as The New Joy of Gay Sex and The Anarchist Cookbook in a children's library. There are probably more, but those two stood out, esp. the latter.

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't belive some of the books and authors on there. I remember being assigned "The Catcher in the Rye" and "Lord of the Flies" as required reading in junior high. I was required to read "Native Son" in high school. I love Judy Blume as an author, I still read her books. And I can't believe that Maya Angelou's "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" is on there. I can understand the two that you mentioned as being banned or contoversial.
I read the books aforementioned, and I am a well rounded, normal(as definitions go)self sufficient person. I read them under adult supervision of course, and we discussed the story and plot in class.
I beleive parents should be informed of what their childrn are reading, but I don't think that some of those books should be banned completely.

Anonymous said...

I loved Lovher Awakhened! And I do enjoy scenes where the author teases me with the gay thing. I don't think I'd mind if a romance hero turned out bi but I wouldn't like that to be the new trend. One author making her hero bisexual would be enough.

Do you think Jed could get it on with another guy - for the sake of a mission, of course?

Reese said...

Gennita,

I know your a busy woman and I hate to bother you .... but ...

Is there any chance you could email me the link to your "Personal portrait"?

I seriously love that little guy.

I'll owe you a mai tai.

Yours,
Reese

Reese said...

Here, I'll give you this one

Gennita said...

Vanity,
Yeah, the words, "ban" and "censorship," evoke uncomfortable images of repression, doesn't it? I think adult supervision is important too.

Whether parents have a right to stop their underaged kids from reading something they don't like--again, it evokes those images of repression, you know, movie images of grim, very strict and religious parents, etc., but it is also a parent's right to say, "I don't want my child dressing like that" or "I don't want my child reading that."

I swear, the older I get, the more I see too many sides! heh heh.

Elaine,
Don't forget to get Anne Stuart's next new book coming out in a few months. Ambiguous sexuality, hero-wise ;-).

I'm not sure whether this will catch as a trend. Too many readers not wanting to go there. Or I could be wrong...

As for Jed. I don't think he will go to extreme, even for a mission ;-). He's strictly a ladies' dude. BUT, I think Heath Cliffe, Number Eight, might be capable of kissing a man and more. He's a curious fellow.

Reese,
Email me and I'll send you the file. Cute kitty!

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge