ANNOUNCEMENTS

VIRTUALLY HERS came out Oct. 2009. Get it at SAMHAIN Publishing. VIRTUALLY ONE coming soon.
VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010.

I've also made available at Amazon BIG BAD WOLF a COS Commando book, an earlier manuscript about Killian Nicholas Langley. You can sample the first five chapters right here. EBOOK now available for KINDLE, NOOK, and at SMASHWORDS for $4.99.

I appreciate all your emails. If you'd like to buy Virtually His NEW, please contact me. Thank you.



CLICK:

Big Bad Wolf Author's Note/CH. 1

Big Bad Wolf CH. 2

Big Bad Wolf Ch. 3

(more chapters on left side bar below)



To read excerpts of VIRTUALLY HERS, scroll down & click on the links on the right.



EMAIL ME AT JENN AT GENNITA-LOW DOT COM


VIRTUALLY HERS UPDATE

VIRTUALLY HERS OUT IN PRINT AUG 2010! Discounted at Amazon!

To read & comment on the poll (left column), click HERE. Thank you for all the wonderful posts there!

UPDATE: I SOLD THE SERIES TO SAMHAIN!

Here's your UBER VIRTUALLY HERS YAK THREAD!


GLow Twitter

Follow The Glow

Some readers having browser problems with the Google Followers Widget still. For now, you can still follow me through your Blogger Dashboard.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Catch A Snake, Sell A Book

Ugh, a snake swimming in my neighbor's pool! Ugh, ugh. Now I'm going to be paranoid whenever I go for a dip. That's why I don't want a swimming pool for my house, as tempting as it is at the notion of coming home from a hot day on the roof and jumping fully cloth into my very own watery paradise. I don't want to spend my evenings chasing after snakes in the pool!!!

Because of this adventure, I did get to spend some time with my new neighbors, though. The man found out that I was published and since he liked to read while traveling, he asked for my titles. I told him I wrote romantic suspense and he wasn't sure whether he would like them because he didn't read romance. So I asked him what kind of books did he like to read. What was he reading now?

You would NEVER have guessed his answer.

NOT in a MILLION years.

"J.D. Robb."

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

"Umm...that's a romance."
"No, it's not."
"It is. We call those romantic suspense."
"It doesn't have romance. It's about this cop and how she solves these murders..." and the man went on, giving a guy's take on a romance story. It was very ear-opening because he did NOT once refer to Eve and Roarke's hot scenes. Not once.

Of course I had to bring that up. What about the bedroom scenes? The hot sex? The LURvvvvvvvv?

The wife, who was listening, chirped in, "There's sex in the books you're reading? What have you been reading? I thought you said they were science fiction! Now I want to read them, if they have hot sex!"

"Oh, there weren't that many," the man said, a touch defensively, "and I skip them anyway."

Heh. Okay. Whatever. But he still didn't think they were romance. Which brings back to my always saying that the reader doesn't care what he/she is reading as long as he/she is enjoying it. This man was enjoying a classic romantic suspense and had no idea that he was touching the "forbidden" girlie stuff until now. So now I got him all intrigued about Navy SEALs and spy romances and he's starting with The Hunter. We'll see what he thinks about the book when he comes home!

RB likes to read my books. He likes to show off his name from the front page too ;-). He always points it to everyone, and then adds that he can't wait to graduate to the FRONT cover. AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Of course, Fabio's name will pop up in the conversation (again, a long held misconception in the public that the man is still modeling on covers). I told him we'll audition him in a long wig ;-). Can't wait for THAT picture.

The things I have to do to promote myself.... Uber roofer, uber snake catcher....

Bear with me while I learn. The first button likes the POST. The second button likes the BLOG site. Please help me by "liking" me. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. Tell him to look on the side of the book aka the spine, up at the very top. It says what type the book is. HEHEHE. That is sooo funny. And I bet he DOES read those scenes. He'll be one of the few the proud...to read what his wife reads. *sly smile* Show him ur nekkid veggie collection. Think he'll see the resemblance?
~Athena

Gennita said...

Hi Athena,
No, my nekkid vege collection is only for my most avid readers!!!! :D

DAILY DOSE OF CUTE PUPPINESS

Send My Publisher A Nudge